Fluid Fans?

As shown over the years by Talbot fans and estimating attendances, counting has never been a strong point.

Will leave you all to troll away, happily in the knowledge that
1. Many clubs in the west have very happy treasures when they draw Pollok in the cup, and Only last season or so a Glenafton fan/ committee person on here posted about us being their highest attendance of the season and not any of their local neighbours.

2. If there is any truth that we don’t have a great travelling support it does very little to impact on the finances our club gets - so very little lost.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As shown over the years by Talbot fans and estimating attendances, counting has never been a strong point.

1. Many clubs in the west have very happy treasures when they draw Pollok in the cup, and Only last season or so a Glenafton fan/ committee person on here posted about us being their highest attendance of the season and not any of their local neighbours.

2. If there is any truth that we don’t have a great travelling support it does very little to impact on the finances our club gets - so very little lost.

No im sorry you’re incorrect, Talbot generally attract 200 more fans than any other club even if they don’t know how many that is, Talbot are the best supporter club ever and could fill the North Korean Mass Games stadium and how dare you question that.

18 minutes ago, superpollok said:

We shall see next Saturday whether the Weegie hordes descend on Gods Little Acre.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Being at the 2-1 pumping and watching the highlights where the cameraman was distracted from the thuggery and diving to pan on the home support I thought the Pollok contingent wasn't as large as my recent visits.

2-1 pumping hanging on against 9 men.....

Let's be honest Pollok are not a poorly supported team however they do have a awfully low travelling support. It's an observation not only from me btw.
They do not have the same passion as Ayrshire/Lothian teams as they don't have that type of community spirit.

Infact I may be wrong here but newlandfields isn't even in Pollok. Last time I recall Pollok l (the area) is nearer to silverburn and the park is in another part of Glasgow.

Maybe they should rename themselves?

Pollokshaws Juniors?

Shawlands Cherrypickers?

Pollok play in shawlands which is a good 20 minute walk from the pollok housing scheme .

On 08/02/2018 at 16:30, Lokloyal said:

And how can the average be 600 plus most seasons.Do the missing 3 or 400 just stay away from the Talbot fixture ?

Lok record and verify all ticket numbers which are then logged by the gatechecker,treasurer and President.I know because I have helped on the gates many times.I presume Talbot have the same or a similar system which will vouch home gates.

So, where were they last week?

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

So, where were they last week?

It wasn't long ago the Bot were getting thousands v Cumnock in the Scottish - ma 1994/95 programme has 2900+ at your third round match - and you barely hit 1000 last month. Sorry to go crowdwank-y, but I'm nae the only one...!

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:
20 hours ago, Harry said:
Let's be honest Pollok are not a poorly supported team however they do have a awfully low travelling support. It's an observation not only from me btw.
They do not have the same passion as Ayrshire/Lothian teams as they don't have that type of community spirit.

Infact I may be wrong here but newlandfields isn't even in Pollok. Last time I recall Pollok l (the area) is nearer to silverburn and the park is in another part of Glasgow.

Maybe they should rename themselves?

Pollokshaws Juniors?

Shawlands Cherrypickers?

Pollok play in shawlands which is a good 20 minute walk from the pollok housing scheme .

And we were formed 108 years ago and player in Pollok Estate, pretty much across the Cart to where we now play. Glasgow has changed slightly over the years....

And if you can walk 3 miles in 20 minutes your running must be world record speed. 

58 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

It wasn't long ago the Bot were getting thousands v Cumnock in the Scottish - ma 1994/95 programme has 2900+ at your third round match - and you barely hit 1000 last month. Sorry to go crowdwank-y, but I'm nae the only one...!

The fixture is not the same. Back in the day both teams were competing for everything unfortunately the derby is sadly lacking.

And we were formed 108 years ago and player in Pollok Estate, pretty much across the Cart to where we now play. Glasgow has changed slightly over the years....
And if you can walk 3 miles in 20 minutes your running must be world record speed. 

Good to clear that up. Cheers SP [emoji16][emoji106]

I thought once you crossed the bridge on Kilmarnock Rd it became Newlands.

Not 100% sure the boundaries for Shawlands and Newlands, but that would seem a sensible point. I am sure when people are selling houses the boundaries become important!

My point earlier was behind the goals at the bottom end is the cart. If you crossed that and walked for 5 minutes or so you would be in Pollok Park.

Not 100% sure the boundaries for Shawlands and Newlands, but that would seem a sensible point. I am sure when people are selling houses the boundaries become important!

My point earlier was behind the goals at the bottom end is the cart. If you crossed that and walked for 5 minutes or so you would be in Pollok Park.
A bit of pre match distraction banter. Harmless fun. Pollok and Talbot have great history so this game should be a cracker. [emoji106]

21 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

I thought once you crossed the bridge on Kilmarnock Rd it became Newlands.

Correct.

There's a clue in the name of the ground NEWLANDSFIELD!

And as for Pollok not playing in Pollok/shaws/shields, it's not unique for a club to be playing in a district other than the one that gave them their name - there's Partick Thistle in Maryhill, Manchester United in Stretford, BSC Glasgow .....

Correct.
And as for Pollok not playing in Pollok/shaws/shields, it's not unique for a club to be playing in a district other than the one that gave them their name - there's Partick Thistle in Maryhill, Manchester United in Stretford, BSC Glasgow .....
Archie no disrespect but you just can't come in like some Johnny come lately and speak coherently. [emoji16]

15 minutes ago, archieb said:

Correct.

You forgot Cumnock who hail from Baghdad.

Archived