Berwick vs Clyde

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gourlay (GK); Duffie (RB) Lang (RCB) Cogill (LCB) Stewart (LB); Boyle (RM) Cuddihy (CM) Grant (CM) Love (LM); Kipre (CF) Goodwillie (CF).

Time we took a punt, see if we've got a 4-4-2 that can really damage a team. If it doesn't? Go back to the 4-5-1, drop Kipre and bring Nicoll into the midfield. Lang's got to be brought into the centre. We've got an athlete there: big, strong, mobile. A talkative player too. Cogill and Home might work. But I'd prefer the insurance of at least one defender who can shift.

Conditions at Shielfield mightn't help the new lads. Nonetheless, looking forward to it.

Currie
Lang  Home  McNiff Cogill
Grant Nicoll
Cuddihy Lamont  Love
Goodwillie

We shouldn't be making too many changes to a team after 3 wins in a row, even with the Edinburgh game being very tight. I thought Grant impressed most of last week substitutes and I'd like to see if he can find the kind of space he did from the start of a match.

I've guessed the above but the line of Cuddihy/Lamont/Love is a bit lightweight and, if Millar or Kipre don't start, we lose all height up front which I doubt Lennon would like. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Cogill start at leftback just so we can push him forward at times as a target.

Yeah i kinda agree that ifs its not broken don't try and fix it at the moment. these three games could have a serious impact on our league position going forward and i wouldn't risk making unneccesary changes for the sake of it when we are actually winning games.

A massive game for both teams,  a win for Clyde and we go above Berwick and puts them in the mini playoff for bottom place, although I accept that at the moment it looks extremely difficult for Cowdenbeth. Depending on the other results below us a win today would, I think psycologically see us looking above rather than below.

That said, its Clyde and we all know what happened last year when we decided to put the tools away half way through the the season, different mind set now of course with two guys in charge who actually know how to manage a football team.

I woke up this morning with a huge erection.

I suspect both sides will be playing for the loss here in an attempt to protect each other's league status. Generally when these two gargantuan clubs have met previously to do exactly that, the excellence of both has led to them somewhat fittingly sharing the points. I wouldn't be surprised if that were to be the case today, though I'd be far happier if fans were treated to 90 mins of us getting absolutely Steve Kipre'd.

OKI [emoji173]

Looked brilliant for 10 minutes and had three great efforts on goal. Dire after that. Don't think a bobbly pitch is helping anyone. 

McStay has been excellent. Best player on the pitch so far.

Archived