Motherwell vs St Johnstone 6/2/18

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

:lol: We'll be fine.  Don't you worry about a thing my good man.

3 points ahead of 11th placed Hamilton, who've played the same amount of games as us, and have a better goal difference. 

We'll be 11th at best by the split when you look at the remaining fixtures. Meaning we'll be facing off with Partick, who we never beat, Dundee who we never beat, and one of Killie/Motherwell, who are miles ahead of us. 

You'd be relying on us beating County and Hamilton and that being enough. 

I genuinely think we're goners.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

3 points ahead of 11th placed Hamilton, who've played the same amount of games as us, and have a better goal difference. 

We'll be 11th at best by the split when you look at the remaining fixtures. Meaning we'll be facing off with Partick, who we never beat, Dundee who we never beat, and one of Killie/Motherwell, who are miles ahead of us. 

You'd be relying on us beating County and Hamilton and that being enough. 

I genuinely think we're goners.

Not like you to create a drama though is it?

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Not like you to create a drama though is it?

It is true though. Can't see any pre split game where we're getting points. We lose to County at Home, which is more than likely, and that's a gap of three points. Our next fixtures are Rangers, Celtic, County, Hibs and Aberdeen. How many points do we get from that? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It is true though. Can't see any post split game where we're getting points. We lose to County at Home, which is more than likely, and that's a gap of three points. Our next fixtures are Rangers, Celtic, County, Hibs and Aberdeen. How many points do we get from that? 

We must also have a game against Killie and I missed out Dundee. 

So Celtic, Rangers, Dundee, County, Killie, Hibernian, Aberdeen. 

We've not won a home game since September, and we've won four games since August. 

Its four league wins since August 18th, two of the wins have come against Hamilton. We've only drawn three games in that time.

Table since August 18th..

Untitled.png.8c9121357e423c1a23d36febe10c861d.png

Motherwell changed their shape in the second half and were rampant after that. Along with the two goals, they missed 2 or 3 sitters and Mannus made an excellent save with his feet. They were streets ahead of us and, worst of all, they didn’t have to make any personnel changes to completely change the complexion of the game. 

We look doomed, frankly. Problems all over the park - both goals could be attributed to poor defending - the second especially- we look totally toothless up top and, after a stale mate in midfield first half, motherwell won the midfield battle in the second half. The fact that we didn’t change the shape to try and stop the amber tide is worrying too - I’m not sure if tommy is putting too much faith in previously reliable but not so any more players or if he just didn’t have an answer to the questions being posed by Motherwell. 

Motherwell were faster, better technically and, on the basis of the second half performance, a much better football team than we are. 

In terms of performances, Kerr was jittery, Alston was absolutely dreadful, Maclean is finished and should’ve been subbed at least 10 minutes prior to when he was, Shaughnessy had probably his worst display for us and Kane looked like last season’s version for most of the match. Davidson gets pass marks for a decent first half display and Mannus pulled out an excellent save at 0-0. The rest were below the required standard in the second half, alright in the first half. 

Think some of our results even in the early part of the season were lucky – late goal v Killie, playing against a eight-man Motherwell etc. And our European games were horrific. The football's been almost consistently awful. The only hope to cling to is that things can change quickly.  Home game v County is massive and if I were the St Johnstone board, I'd be looking at ways to get a big support in. That sort of thing can really lift a club, and a win against County would be massive.

Wonder if that will be the three at the back ditched now?

We'll get pumped at Tynecastle. We'll try the exact same tactic we tried on Saturday and then be totally shocked when Leveins spent the whole week working on a way to better it.

How do folk feel about keeping TW upon relegation? I'd reckon he'd deserve a chance to get us back up, tbh. Be interesting to see who stayed and who left though. Alston and Johnstone as our main players in a Championship title charge, boys and girls.

Another win and another clean sheet at Fir Park, third time in four games so far in 2018. 

Fair play to Stephen Robinson, taken some amount of stick off Motherwell fans recently but he’s fair managed to turn things round since the break and that's a massive result tonight.

Archived