WOW Airlines

Torpar

Anyone ever flown with this airline? Looking at Skyscanner for Toronto to Edinburgh flights this summer. Wow seems to the cheapest by a few hundred dollars than the next airline and a stop in Iceland breaks up the flight nicely.  But a quick check of their website seems to suggest you have to pay to check baggage and carry on bags. How have people found flying with them in general? 

22 hours ago, Torpar said:

Anyone ever flown with this airline? Looking at Skyscanner for Toronto to Edinburgh flights this summer. Wow seems to the cheapest by a few hundred dollars than the next airline and a stop in Iceland breaks up the flight nicely.  But a quick check of their website seems to suggest you have to pay to check baggage and carry on bags. How have people found flying with them in general? 

Not me personally but I coworker of mine travelled with them to Iceland and back from Montreal and said that they were perfectly fine.  Like any ULCC you need to be prepared and budget for the various fees and charges but the on board product is perfectly reasonable.  Probably no worse than an Air Transat, Westjet, or Air Canada Rouge in terms of on board product

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Every review I've read for this airline says they are awful. Looking like Aer Lingus for us now

Doesn't sound bad here if you know what to expect. It would have to be a good price though.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/what-its-like-to-fly-on-budget-airline-wow-air-2017-1/#icelandic-low-cost-carrier-wow-air-is-currently-offering-cheap-tickets-to-the-us-from-europe-and-vice-versa-including-flights-from-london-to-new-york-for-139-we-asked-two-people-who-have-grabbed-a-ticket-to-share-their-experiences-1

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Try Norwegian airlines

Don't seem to fly out of Canada

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Good read, thanks. Towards the end summed up how I feel though, by the time you add in the baggage and seat selection costs, I'd be as well to fly with a another airline that includes it as part of the flight. 

1 minute ago, Torpar said:

Don't seem to fly out of Canada

Good read, thanks. Towards the end summed up how I feel though, by the time you add in the baggage and seat selection costs, I'd be as well to fly with a another airline that includes it as part of the flight. 

And meals, drinks and entertainment for a long flight. If you fancied a stopover in Iceland it might be worth thinking about though.

Archived