The Official SNP Deputy Leadership Thread

invergowrie arab

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It's quite cool how frequently Patrick Harvie switches from being public enemy number one to either braindead unionists or yer da nationalists.

11 hours ago, philyerboots said:

Yis already have wan , as if we didny know :thumbsdown

7 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Harvie has outed himself as a moron the last couple of years.   Non-entity.

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This

P&B is fucking class sometimes.

He came across decent enough during the Referendum but his policies are totally unworkable and he's reverted to being just another attention seeker.

He's basically a short, bald, boring version of Tommy Sheridan.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

P&B is fucking class sometimes.

Bigot boy up there dislikes him cause he votes with the SNP sometimes.  I dislike him despite that.  There is no equivalence.

I dislike him because of his policies, final straw being a couple of months ago when he said he wanted a 3% across the board pay rise for all public sector workers. 

When asked how he would fund this he literally replied 'pfft that's the SNPs job'.  Thus ending any chance he can be taken seriously ever again.  I would like to see all public sector workers given flying unicorns to get to work on.  The SNP can source them.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Bigot boy up there dislikes him cause he votes with the SNP sometimes.  I dislike him despite that.  There is no equivalence.

I dislike him because of his policies, final straw being a couple of months ago when he said he wanted a 3% across the board pay rise for all public sector workers. 

When asked how he would fund this he literally replied 'pfft that's the SNPs job'.  Thus ending any chance he can be taken seriously ever again.  I would like to see all public sector workers given flying unicorns to get to work on.  The SNP can source them.

The equivalence is yer da "saor alba" nationalists and yoons converge at a point known as "absolute dangers". The road you take to get there is irrelevant.

Regarding the Greens position on local government settlements you are either thick as f**k or a liar.

Andy Wightman met with Derek McKay numerous times since between November and the budget agreement to fund the 3% rise ( not for all public sector workers. 

Everyone with a passing interest in politics knows this.

If you weren't so stupid you would recognise the fiscal doormat that Derek McKay laid out inviting the Greens in.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

The equivalence is yer da "saor alba" nationalists and yoons converge at a point known as "absolute dangers". The road you take to get there is irrelevant.

Regarding the Greens position on local government settlements you are either thick as f**k or a liar.

Andy Wightman met with Derek McKay numerous times since between November and the budget agreement to fund the 3% rise ( not for all public sector workers. 

Everyone with a passing interest in politics knows this.

If you weren't so stupid you would recognise the fiscal doormat that Derek McKay laid out inviting the Greens in.

No it's not.  I have valid reasons for disliking him based on his conduct, words, and policies.  There is zero equivalence.  Mackay needs support as a minority government requires it.   My statement about harvie words is 100% accurate.  If you weren't such a fanboy perhaps you'd be capable of rational thought on this issue.

23 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

[citation needed]

A bit split on this - I would be inclined to go for Blackford, Wishart, someone more rural but, if Twitter is to be believed, the SNP need someone a bit more radical, even if this is a more central-Belt character.

So Blackford officially out and Pete Wishart dipping his toe in the water.

Despite my previous championing of the Cherry/Shepherd dream team I'm coming to view it is better if they are not down in WM.

They need to be close to the membership and close to what is happening on the ground in Scotland.

The problem with that is there is no obvious stand out talent.

I think Alasdair Allan is fantastic but nobody has heard of him. Equally I have a lot of time for Mike Russell but too many people have heard of him and whilst able isn't exactly dynamic.

Archived