The Official SNP Deputy Leadership Thread

invergowrie arab

This deserves its own thread due to the fact that this position is second only to Nicola in Scotland's party, the party of eternal government, the Salmondist movement on which the sun shines it's  blessings and the moon and stars weep at its beauty.

So far confirmed James "Fucking' Dornan, good Celtic man and all round embarrassment  has started the ball rolling.

Pray to god Jo Jo Cherry or Comrade Shepherd get their papers in.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

This deserves its own thread due to the fact that this position is second only to Nicola in Scotland's party, the party of eternal government, the Salmondist movement on which the sun shines it's  blessings and the moon and stars weep at its beauty.

So far confirmed James "Fucking' Dornan, good Celtic man and all round embarrassment  has started the ball rolling.

Whilst I like Joanna Cherry she's let herself down on Twitter a couple of times, surprisingly so for a lawyer.

Personally I'd like to see Kirsty Blackman get it or possibly even Stephen Gethins (although I think his low majority might be considered risky)

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

SNP hierarchy will move heaven and earth to ensure neither Cherry or Shepherd get it. They both won't stand at the same time anyway- I believe it's going to be Shepherd who's going to apply.

I can say this here under the cloak of semi anonymity but amongst the hagiographies elsewhere online nobody is saying that Robertson's time as deputy leader wasn't a complete disaster.

A good performer in the commons but did nothing he said he would do in terms of reforms within the party, was meant to be one of architects of the "summer of independence" and was balls deep in the utter bourach that was made of the pre GE indyref2 stuff.

Should have stood down last year. His position was untenable not being an MP.

Add that tenure to fucking Hosies then the time has to come for party placemen to be given the elbow 

Deputy leader is one of the most important positions as it seems to have taken on the role of sorting out a lot of the internal mechanics of the party so I would be against anyone with an existing ministerial or leadership position.

Cherry or Shepherd would be ideal with a preference for Cherry to gender balance the leadership team.

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Deputy leader is one of the most important positions as it seems to have taken on the role of sorting out a lot of the internal mechanics of the party so I would be against anyone with an existing ministerial or leadership position.

Cherry or Shepherd would be ideal with a preference for Cherry to gender balance the leadership team.

Couldn’t disagree with you more.

The role of deputy has diminished more and more under Nicola. There really isn’t all that much for them to do outside the standard NEC meetings. (Which Angus didn’t bother attending towards the end).

Re. Cherry and Shepherd, people need to get off this bandwagon- either would be a disaster for the party. I get it, they both have decent public profiles and have support in sections of the membership. However, both are practically impossible to work with (Cherry slightly more so) and would create chaos. All that can be done, will be done to stop either of them and rightfully so- it’d be a disaster.  

Ha I do have connections in the party- but if I’m coming across as trying to sound ITK then I’ll shut it, as it’s cringey as f**k.

Just have strong opinions on most things SNP and know the personalities involved, which I why I like to comment on these things. 

Archived