Post split fixtures

21 hours ago, kbp1960 said:

Yeah, I will be there, I always am, my most recent favourite was when Boydie pointed you in the direction of Hamilton and they did the rest!

But you are a big team now, employing odious cretins like Neil Lennon, even rumours that Celtic will lie down this weekend so their wee pal can chase the ***, the only way you lot will up the allocation for us is if, as is likely, the expectation that the home support will turn up doesn't happen, at least Hearts can fill their place.

When did that happen?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the only way you'd ever get an 18-team league to work would be if the TV companies paid clubs enough for them to be ok with the loss of a couple of home games.

Seeing as they'd be losing a couple of OF games, I don't think that's very likely.

You could revamp the league cup stages and do groups of 4 playing home and away, but home teams keep the gate receipts. That would allow them to be put on season tickets. 20 home games guaranteed as opposed to the 18-20 sides get now.

You could revamp the league cup stages and do groups of 4 playing home and away, but home teams keep the gate receipts. That would allow them to be put on season tickets. 20 home games guaranteed as opposed to the 18-20 sides get now.

I think I'd rather have a 17 game season ticket than be cajoled into watching League Cup Group Games

I think I'd rather have a 17 game season ticket than be cajoled into watching League Cup Group Games

What, you don't fancy watching Hearts being bodied by Peterhead at home as well as away? I do understand why you wouldn't be that keen on the league cup given the 56 year drought you've had in it tbf...

This was the first year I'd seen Hibs in the group stages, and I quite enjoyed the games. About a million times better than friendlies which I'd have went to anyway.

I’m happy enough to see next week a title ‘potential clincher’ as it fucks up the SPFL’s fix.

As Stuart Cosgrove said at lunchtime, to paraphrase, the ‘computer’ should have been allowed to come up with a set of fixtures and that would be it.

I’m still baffled as to why the 2nd last round of fixtures wasn’t chosen given that a) It would be almost certain that the title would be won by that time, and b ) It’s a school night.

Less trouble, surely?

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

I’m happy enough to see next week a title ‘potential clincher’ as it fucks up the SPFL’s fix.

As Stuart Cosgrove said at lunchtime, to paraphrase, the ‘computer’ should have been allowed to come up with a set of fixtures and that would be it.

I’m still baffled as to why the 2nd last round of fixtures wasn’t chosen given that a) It would be almost certain that the title would be won by that time, and b ) It’s a school night.

Less trouble, surely?

The police have been played here. If the SPFL were really trying to avoid the derby title decider, then they would have moved it back to the 4th or 5th fixture. They only moved it to the second fixture, and gave Celtic a relatively difficult first fixture (more so than Killie or Aberdeen at home, anyway). If Celtic do win the league next week and there isn't any more trouble than normal, then the police can't really make this kind of objection in future seasons.

The police have been played here. If the SPFL were really trying to avoid the derby title decider, then they would have moved it back to the 4th or 5th fixture. 

And so the west of Scotland will inevitably be submerged under a sea of anarchy, barbarism, sectarian strife and violence with waves lapping the rest of the country

The only thing that can stop this title decider apocalypse is two consecutive away wins for Hearts at Ibrox an Pittodrie

Err.....

Apologies in advance,

17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The only thing that can stop this title decider apocalypse is two consecutive away wins for Hearts at Ibrox an Pittodrie

About as likely as West Brom winning at Old Trafford...

And so the west of Scotland will inevitably be submerged under a sea of anarchy, barbarism, sectarian strife and violence with waves lapping the rest of the country

Err.....

Apologies in advance,

You’ll win today surely ffs?

13 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Less trouble, surely?

A school night would imply the knuckle draggers have something to occupy their time during the day other than gulping KwikSave Super Lager.

The police have been played here. If the SPFL were really trying to avoid the derby title decider, then they would have moved it back to the 4th or 5th fixture. They only moved it to the second fixture, and gave Celtic a relatively difficult first fixture (more so than Killie or Aberdeen at home, anyway). If Celtic do win the league next week and there isn't any more trouble than normal, then the police can't really make this kind of objection in future seasons.

It’s all a bit false though isn’t it?

The Ibrox fixture was more of a powder keg as the **** actually thought they had a chance (lol)

Whilst this may make it official it’s not a title ‘decider’. It’s been decided, it’s a bit of a nothing.

13 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

The current schedule is what the police would have wanted. They wouldn't want the last game to be the OF derby, because Celtic getting the trophy would presumably have been provocative. They couldn't use the penultimate game, because that's midweek. The middle game of the fixture list is a bank holiday weekend. And the first-week after the split is also one to avoid for well-explored reasons. This was a case of the SFA giving Police Scotland's Football Scheduling Liaison Unit all the rope it needed to hang itself.

Archived