Post split fixtures

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

You can be damn sure they'll do everything to prevent that from happening. I'm just hoping we don't get lumped against them when it's decided that it's the perfect time for Celtic to "win the league".

Friday 20th 7.45 according to the Sun article!!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, scotdee said:

Old Firm seem to know their fixtures according to the Sun. Is it a case of sending out the fixtures to them for their perusal and agreement before issuing to the other clubs and the fans. I wouldn't be surprised.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2457515/celtic-rangers-old-firm-split-fixtures-game/

As mentioned above, every club will probably know the fixtures by know, but will just be waiting for the final go ahead from the the broadcasters etc.

Old Firm seem to know their fixtures according to the Sun. Is it a case of sending out the fixtures to them for their perusal and agreement before issuing to the other clubs and the fans. I wouldn't be surprised.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2457515/celtic-rangers-old-firm-split-fixtures-game/

Do we reckon the Sun are in receipt of the full fixture list?

If they are, why do they not go full scoop and reveal the lot?

Just now, H Wragg said:

If they are, why do the not go full scoop and reveal the lot?

Because they've been told not to. What? You thought we had a free and independent media?

That's not a remotely fair comparison - the cup rules explicitly state how much money each team gets from those games.  In the case of the Premiership, there's no guarantee of more than one home game against any particular side.  If we ended up only having 17 home games and 21 aways or something like that then it would be reasonable to complain, but if you get 19 homes and 19 aways and your schedule isn't particularly disrupted then I don't think that's unfair.  The club would be entitled to be disappointed, but they wouldn't have a case for saying there was anything particularly unfair about it.

Fair enough, I’ll concede to you on this.

17 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

If they are, why do they not go full scoop and reveal the lot?

Someone at Celtic probably just leaked their fixtures to them.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Someone at Celtic probably just leaked their fixtures to them.

One of the "ITK" posters on Kerrydale Street posted the Celtic fixtures. That's where the Sun will have got it from.

Seriously.

18 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Hopefully Celtic throw us the game so they can win it against Sevco

Nah. Don't you think we can stop them winning on our own merits? Hibernian aren't completely terrible at the ol' fitba' these days. We don't actually need to win ourselves - a draw would probably be enough, and we've done that twice this season already.

Over the season, Celtic only wins about 60-70% of their league games (which is an unusual use of the word 'only', I concede). An average premiership team - like St Johnstone or Hearts - would be expected to stop them winning maybe 30-40% of the time, and we've been above average in our performance against OF East recently. 

For the Police Scotland Glasgowgeddon to happen, Hibs doesn't lose vs Celtic, and either Rangers wins that weekend, or Aberdeen wins that weekend and on the following week's game (because pounds to peanuts, it'll be scheduled to happen before the OF game). It's probably less than a 50% chance, but it's not hugely unlikely.

Archived