Post split fixtures

If Motherwell make top 6 I think the least alterations to fixtures would be for  Aberdeen to go to Ibrox 3 times and Hibs end up with just 18 home games. Not possible for everyone to get 19.
Celtic due 3 home- Rangers Aberdeen Motherwell.  Away-Hibs Hearts
Hearts due 3 home- Celtic Rangers Hibs. Away- Aberdeen Motherwell
Aberdeen due 3 home- Hibs Hearts Motherwell.  Away- Celtic Rangers(3rd time)
Motherwell due 2 home-Hearts Hibs.  Away-Celtic Rangers Aberdeen
Rangers due 2 home-Motherwell Aberdeen(3rd time). Away-Hearts Hibs Celtic
Hibs Due 3 home- Celtic Rangers. Away- Motherwell Aberdeen Hearts

I’ve shown that it’s possible for everyone to get 19/19 with just a couple of alterations. Considering there’s a fair chance of Aberdeen Rangers and Hibs battling it out for European places I’d think getting 19/19 and not having any of those teams having to go to the other 3 times will be a priority.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Donathan said:

Why not move St Johnstone/Partick to Perth? I could be wrong here, but I'd imagine that achieving a 19/19 split for as many teams as possible is considered more important than avoiding scenarios where a team has to travel to another team three times.

It depends.

What's each team's current "balance" based on previous seasons? Dundee are 1 home game up at the moment because we got 20 in 2014/15 and 19 since.  That means if there's a scenario where we (and/or others in the same boat) get 18 home games and that minimises triple-visits, they could go for that instead. 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I’ve shown that it’s possible for everyone to get 19/19 with just a couple of alterations. Considering there’s a fair chance of Aberdeen Rangers and Hibs battling it out for European places I’d think getting 19/19 and not having any of those teams having to go to the other 3 times will be a priority.

It is mathematically impossible. 

You have only given Hearts 2 home games after split and they are due 3!

I stand corrected. When doing my fag packet maths I thoughts hearts were on a 17/16 split of Home and away prior to the split.

I think they’ll shaft someone and give them 18/20 rather than give 20/18 to anyone. It’ll be either Hearts Aberdeen or hibs. If it’s Killie in the top 6 I can’t see them making 3 different teams go to ibrox 3 times which might leave the way I’ve done it as the way it’ll end up.

I'll try to explain my reasoning!

Whether it's Motherwell or Killie who make top 6, there will be a team in top half with just 18 home games and a team in the bottom half with 20 home games.

If Motherwell make top 6,  then Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell will all have balanced fixtures left. 

That leaves

Aberdeen- due 3 home fixtures  but still to play four of the teams for a second time at home (Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell)

Rangers-due 2 home games but it's only Motherwell  who have not already been twice to Ibrox. 

Hibs - due 3 home games but it's  only Celtic and Rangers who have not already been twice to Easter Road.

So I would assume as it's only Aberdeen who have too many teams still to play at home(4), it will be them that make extra trip to Ibrox.

That leaves Hibs as the team with a game short.

If it's Kilmarnock in the top 6 then Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts all have balanced fixtures.

That leaves

Rangers- due 2 home games but have already played everyone twice at home.

Kilmarnock - due 2 home games but still to play Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts at home.

As it's only Kilmarnock who have too many home games due against other clubs, it surely must be them that go to Ibrox for third time. 

As they would never leave a club only play one home game after the split, it means Rangers cannot be the club to lose out on a  home game, so either Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs will also have to go to Ibrox for third time and therefore they will be the team with only 18 home games. This should be based on who has gained or lost out in past. 

Does anyone have a list of previous winners and losers?

1 hour ago, The Master said:

It depends.

What's each team's current "balance" based on previous seasons? Dundee are 1 home game up at the moment because we got 20 in 2014/15 and 19 since.  That means if there's a scenario where we (and/or others in the same boat) get 18 home games and that minimises triple-visits, they could go for that instead. 

From the scenario worked out there is likely to have to be one team in the top 6 at 18h-20a and one in the bottom 6 20h-18a. If this is the case for Dundee to be changed to an 18/20 there would then require 2 teams in the bottom 6 to have 20/18 seasons and that is not going to happen. Or on the other hand I could be wrong!

I think on reflection I was right with my deleted post earlier, the most realistic  way all teams will get 19 home games is if Motherwell and killie finish top 6 and hearts don't. If it's the current top 6 or Motherwell replace killie then a team in each half will not have 19 home games. 

On 19/02/2018 at 12:14, May1 said:

Does anyone have a list of previous winners and losers?

Aberdeen have had 20H 18A on 3 occasions and 18H 20A on 2 occasions.
Celtic have had neither.
Hearts have had neither.
Hibs have had 20H 18A on 1 occasion, and never had 18H 20A.
Killie have had 20H 18A on 1 occasion and 18H 20A on 2 occasions.
Motherwell have never had 20H 18A, and had 18H 20A on 1 occasion.
Rangers have had neither.

That leaves Aberdeen and Hibs as the ideal candidate for the loss of a home game this time.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Aberdeen have had 20H 18A on 3 occasions and 18H 20A on 2 occasions.
Celtic have had neither.
Hearts have had neither.
Hibs have had 20H 18A on 1 occasion, and never had 18H 20A.
Killie have had 20H 18A on 1 occasion and 18H 20A on 2 occasions.
Motherwell have never had 20H 18A, and had 18H 20A on 1 occasion.
Rangers have had neither.

That leaves Aberdeen and Hibs as the ideal candidate for the loss of a home game this time.

Wow, that's an amazing, and totally unexpected coincidence - neither of the Bigot Brothers have ever had anything other than a fair and equal split of home and away games...

Wow, that's an amazing, and totally unexpected coincidence - neither of the Bigot Brothers have ever had anything other than a fair and equal split of home and away games...

What is required after the fixtures are announced is for pressure to be put on the SPFL to show their working on how the decisions were made, especially on playing the last OF game at Celtic Park (which it definitely will be) and even more especially if Rangers aren’t sitting second at the time.

8 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

What is required after the fixtures are announced is for pressure to be put on the SPFL to show their working on how the decisions were made, especially on playing the last OF game at Celtic Park (which it definitely will be) and even more especially if Rangers aren’t sitting second at the time.

Sevco must be held accountable for this!

why do people not stand up and say that the S/F/A/ are full of little hitlers  who got into the job through handshakes ..and i would not let them run a raffle.. the great split is crap  go back and have 2 leagues . one of 20 and the rest in the second 3 up 3 down   . the second first 2 up next 4 play off... first bottom 2 down next 2 play off to stay up.. then we will not have usless 5 or 6 weeks with nothing to play for...but they are to stupid  and will not change because they  did not think of this.. untill we get rid of these OLD FARTS scottish football is going down the drain

47 minutes ago, hate cheats said:

why do people not stand up and say that the S/F/A/ are full of little hitlers  who got into the job through handshakes ..and i would not let them run a raffle.. the great split is crap  go back and have 2 leagues . one of 20 and the rest in the second 3 up 3 down   . the second first 2 up next 4 play off... first bottom 2 down next 2 play off to stay up.. then we will not have usless 5 or 6 weeks with nothing to play for...but they are to stupid  and will not change because they  did not think of this.. untill we get rid of these OLD FARTS scottish football is going down the drain

You're completely missing the point of the small leagues. We have to have 4 Celtic v The Rangers games. It's the lifeblood of Scottish football.

The mental gymnastics we have to go through as fans just to know who we might play in late April is quite something.

It's 100% better than potentially having the 15th placed team play the 11th placed team in a pre-determined fixture in an 18 team league that might not appeal to the usual 80,000 that would turn up though.

1536088-1283442244284.jpg

5 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The mental gymnastics we have to go through as fans just to know who we might play in late April is quite something.

It's 100% better than potentially having the 15th placed team play the 11th placed team in a pre-determined fixture in an 18 team league that might not appeal to the usual 80,000 that would turn up though.

1536088-1283442244284.jpg

Celtic will get five home games as per.

So will the Currants.

Hibs’ll get a wee split.

Hearts’ll get the usual string of away games.

Aberdeen? WGAF?

On 21/02/2018 at 09:22, Spikethedee said:

Which is a disgrace

However let's be fair about this

it's worth noting that Hearts have always had an equal split

So at least they're getting something right

Archived