Post split fixtures

Ok. I think I’ve managed to suss this. Bare with me.

Celtic 16 h 17 a
Homes - Aberdeen, Rangers, Killie
Aways - Hibs, Hearts

Aberdeen 16/17
Homes - rangers, Hibs, Hearts
Aways - Celtic and Killie

Rangers 17/16
Homes - Hearts and Killie
Aways - Celtic Aberdeen Hibs

Hibs 16/17
Home - Celtic Rangers Killie
Away - Aberdeen Hearts

Hearts 17/16
Home - Celtic hibs
Away - Aberdeen Rangers Killie

Killie 17/16
Home - Aberdeen Hearts
Away - Celtic Rangers Hibs.

That gives everyone 19/19. Means hearts and Killie have to go to Ibrox 3 times and hears have to go to Killie 3 times. I can’t get it any fairer than that

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its Motherwell then

Celtic 16/17

Homes - Aberdeen, Rangers, Motherwell

Aways - Hibs, Hearts

Aberdeen 16/17

Homes - Rangers, Hibs, Hearts

Aways - Celtic Motherwell

Rangers 17/16

Homes - Motherwell, Hearts

Aways - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs

Hibs 16/17

Homes - Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell

Aways - Aberdeen, Hearts

Hearts 17/16

Homes - Celtic, Hibs

Aways - Aberdeen, Motherwell, Rangers

Motherwell 17/16

Homes - Hearts, Aberdeen

Aways - Rangers, Celtic, Hibs

that gives Aberdeen 3 trips to Fir Park, Motherwell 3 trips to Easter Rd and Hearts 3 trips to Ibrox but still everyone 19/19

If its Saints

Celtic 16/17

Home - Aberdeen, Rangers, Saints

Away - Hibs, Hearts

Aberdeen 16/17

Home - Rangers, Hibs, Hearts

Away - Celtic, Saints

Rangers 17/16

Home - Saints, Hearts

Away - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs

Hibs 16/17

Home - Celtic, Rangers, Saints

Away - Aberdeen, Hearts

Hearts 17/16

Home - Celtic, Hibs

Away - Aberdeen, Saints, Rangers

Saints 17/16

Home - Aberdeen, Hearts

Away - Rangers, Hibs, Celtic

That gives Saints 3 trips to Parkhead and Hearts 3 trips to Ibrox but still everyone 19/19

Some very quick fag packet maths in all scenarios that gives 19/19 for everyone with minimal change to the fixtures, however, I guarantee that is not what the SPFL come up with

Good that 19:19 can be maintained

a peculiarity is that we won’t have faced Rangers at Tynecastle at all this season

Yeah there’s not really a way that I can do it without having Hearts go to Ibrox three times. As I’ve said though, those fixtures imply reasoning and a bit of common sense, so expect the post split fixtures to look nothing like that whatsoever.

On 2/13/2018 at 16:03, 10menwent2mow said:

Have had a look at this is more detail. If Killie make the top 6 then Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie could all play their reverse fixtures as they are and have 19-19 Home/Away split. However it would leave Rangers with 5 away games after the split and hearts with 4 Home and 1 away. Giving Rangers a 17-21 split and hearts a 21-17. So the first port of call will almost certainly be making hearts go to ibrox 3 times. However. That still leaves rangers with 4 away games. Killie couldn’t swap their home game as it would give them 4 away. Would they make Hibs go there three times as well?? If they make Killie go to ibrox three times then someone else will have to go to rugby park three times to address the balance.

Basically it’s going to be a total clusterfuck either way. It should work in theory as of the 6, three have currently played 16/17 and three 17/16. So giving everyone 3/2 2/3 should be easy but it’s going to involve a lot of teams having 1/3 or 3/1 splits.

Was having a look at the fixtures today, more to see what will happen in the bottom six!

According to the BBC's fixture list, Hearts only have 16 home games pre split, which means there will be an unbalanced fixture list if Killie are the team to make top 6.

It is Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts who all have balanced fixtures (all four teams due 3 home games after split)

Rangers are due 2 home games after split (and of course have already played everyone at home twice)

Killie are due only 2 home games after split( but are due to have  Aberdeen Rangers and Hearts  at home)

Killie will therefore surely go to Ibrox for third time, so as to cause least disturbance to the balanced teams, plus one of the the other teams(Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts) will also have to go to Ibrox for third time and they will also end up with only 18 home games!

Was having a look at the fixtures today, more to see what will happen in the bottom six!
According to the BBC's fixture list, Hearts only have 16 home games pre split, which means there will be an unbalanced fixture list if Killie are the team to make top 6.
It is Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts who all have balanced fixtures (all four teams due 3 home games after split)
Rangers are due 2 home games after split (and of course have already played everyone at home twice)
Killie are due only 2 home games after split( but are due to have  Aberdeen Rangers and Hearts  at home)
Killie will therefore surely go to Ibrox for third time, so as to cause least disturbance to the balanced teams, plus one of the the other teams(Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts) will also have to go to Ibrox for third time and they will also end up with only 18 home games!

Hearts will have had 17 home games pre split, not 16.

Anyone fancy working out what's likely to happen to the fixtures in the bottom six say assuming Killie are top six leaving Well, Partick, Dundee, St. J, Hamilton & County. Don't think I've enough working brain cells to try!

I've got Hearts on 13 homes played now (W5 D6 L2) with Killie , Thistle, and Aberdeen still to play at Tynecastle pre-split, so 16.

I posted the likely bottom 6 fixtures in our own thread earlier, never saw this one til now, and that was based on the top 6 staying as is. 

That had one team (most likely Motherwell) ending up with 20 home games . Which means if I'm right there has to be a team in the top 6 (if top 6 stays as is) that will end up with 18 home games.

4 minutes ago, scotdee said:

Anyone fancy working out what's likely to happen to the fixtures in the bottom six say assuming Killie are top six leaving Well, Partick, Dundee, St. J, Hamilton & County. Don't think I've enough working brain cells to try!

here you go - only my stab at it.

image.png.876667a9edbe5780350884227acdd1d1.png

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Why not move St Johnstone/Partick to Perth? I could be wrong here, but I'd imagine that achieving a 19/19 split for as many teams as possible is considered more important than avoiding scenarios where a team has to travel to another team three times.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Why not move St Johnstone/Partick to Perth? I could be wrong here, but I'd imagine that achieving a 19/19 split for as many teams as possible is considered more important than avoiding scenarios where a team has to travel to another team three times.

If this is the bottom six, that’s the most logical way of doing it.

Which means it probably won’t happen.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

That's exactly what will happen, which is what I've said above. It's almost certain Dundee will get a 3rd home game vs Ross County as well.

34 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Yes, certain to be Thistle switched to St Johnstone.

It could be either Ross County  or Motherwell who go to Dundee for a third time and whichever doesn't will get the extra game(20 home games) I don't know if Motherwell are 'due' an extra game.  I know Ross County lost out last year(or was it the year before?) and only got 18 home games, but I suppose if Motherwell are also due one from previous to that, then they should get priority!

I've got Hearts on 13 homes played now (W5 D6 L2) with Killie , Thistle, and Aberdeen still to play at Tynecastle pre-split, so 16.
I posted the likely bottom 6 fixtures in our own thread earlier, never saw this one til now, and that was based on the top 6 staying as is. 
That had one team (most likely Motherwell) ending up with 20 home games . Which means if I'm right there has to be a team in the top 6 (if top 6 stays as is) that will end up with 18 home games.

Okay, that's just weird. I had assumed that hibs and Hearts could not both play the same number of home games pre split since any time we're away, they're at home. This was obviously not the case this season due to the redevelopment of their stand, but thought that principle still applied.

On 2/13/2018 at 18:43, 10menwent2mow said:

If its Motherwell then

Celtic 16/17

Homes - Aberdeen, Rangers, Motherwell

Aways - Hibs, Hearts

Aberdeen 16/17

Homes - Rangers, Hibs, Hearts

Aways - Celtic Motherwell

Rangers 17/16

Homes - Motherwell, Hearts

Aways - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs

Hibs 16/17

Homes - Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell

Aways - Aberdeen, Hearts

Hearts 17/16

Homes - Celtic, Hibs

Aways - Aberdeen, Motherwell, Rangers

Motherwell 17/16

Homes - Hearts, Aberdeen

Aways - Rangers, Celtic, Hibs

that gives Aberdeen 3 trips to Fir Park, Motherwell 3 trips to Easter Rd and Hearts 3 trips to Ibrox but still everyone 19/19

If Motherwell make top 6 I think the least alterations to fixtures would be for  Aberdeen to go to Ibrox 3 times and Hibs end up with just 18 home games. Not possible for everyone to get 19.

Celtic due 3 home- Rangers Aberdeen Motherwell.  Away-Hibs Hearts

Hearts due 3 home- Celtic Rangers Hibs. Away- Aberdeen Motherwell

Aberdeen due 3 home- Hibs Hearts Motherwell.  Away- Celtic Rangers(3rd time)

Motherwell due 2 home-Hearts Hibs.  Away-Celtic Rangers Aberdeen

Rangers due 2 home-Motherwell Aberdeen(3rd time). Away-Hearts Hibs Celtic

Hibs Due 3 home- Celtic Rangers. Away- Motherwell Aberdeen Hearts

Archived