Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

It was more so backing up my other side of the stadium point

Happened in front of the home dugout, McManus in the press box other side of the stadium, around where the away fans are. 

Only people that have been close to it are Livi fans really

Well unfortunately for all you paragons of virtue, the telly cameras are likely to have as similarly a poor view of the challenge as the journalists and the Red will be upheld. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, djchapsticks said:

Well unfortunately for all you paragons of virtue, the telly cameras are likely to have as similarly a poor view of the challenge as the journalists and the Red will be upheld. 

I'm sure our highlights are filmed from the main stand so closer than the journalists - been allowed as evidence in the past

As good as our season's been, I don't think we can be looking at the title... even if we win this and our game in hand we'd still be 8 points behind. We've surely avoided relegation so I'll just enjoy the rest of the reason no matter where we end up. 

Looks like we'll be appealing the Thompson red card, would be mad not to so imagine we'll have him for this game. Would be tempted to go for the same line-up, or maybe swap Miller out for Boyd/Robinson and bring him on later on. We don't seem to do very well at home though for some reason so I'll be delighted with a point from this, hoping St Mirren are rusty after a couple of weeks rather than refreshed.

Edit: Wasn't even thinking about Byrne going off today, hopefully doesn't miss next week, if him and Thompson are both unavailable it gives us a few problems, Boyd and Robinson the replacements but leaves us with no CMs on the bench assuming Jacobs is still out. Hope Hopkin isn't tempted to put Gallagher out there, he's much better in defence.

18 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

As good as our season's been, I don't think we can be looking at the title... even if we win this and our game in hand we'd still be 8 points behind. We've surely avoided relegation so I'll just enjoy the rest of the reason no matter where we end up. 

Looks like we'll be appealing the Thompson red card, would be mad not to so imagine we'll have him for this game. Would be tempted to go for the same line-up, or maybe swap Miller out for Boyd/Robinson and bring him on later on. We don't seem to do very well at home though for some reason so I'll be delighted with a point from this, hoping St Mirren are rusty after a couple of weeks rather than refreshed.

Edit: Wasn't even thinking about Byrne going off today, hopefully doesn't miss next week, if him and Thompson are both unavailable it gives us a few problems, Boyd and Robinson the replacements but leaves us with no CMs on the bench assuming Jacobs is still out. Hope Hopkin isn't tempted to put Gallagher out there, he's much better in defence.

It's only stitches so should be fine to play possibly with a mask

8 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Tam McManus was covering the game for Sportsound and said it was a shocker.

With or without Thompson, if we play well we should win. That said, a point wouldn't be a bad result. I'd take a draw here ad at Tannadice, assuming we win our home games against Brechin and Falkirk.

Tam McManus is a tear stained dick though.

dundees_tam_mcmanus_looks_dejected_after_dundee_are_relegated_278800.jpg

No danger we'd be appealing Thompson's red card unless we were confident we'd win it. 

I'm more concerned with Byrne though, we weren't the same when he went off injured, him and Pittman are key players in our midfield. Thompson can be replaced by Robinson.

I think the best we can hope for in this game is a point, and it would be a Hoppy bonus if we did get a draw.

With Hippolyte fit for this one I expect our bench to be the strongest it's been all season. We need the 3 points to keep the momentum going and to keep a distance between us and the chasing pack. It's a great position to be in at this stage and with a big support travelling through I'm looking forward to the game.

I thought in our away game against St Mirren they were getting in behind us down the left hand wing/our right, maybe McMillan should play as he's defensively stronger than anyone else we have playing there, and is decent going forward too. I'd go with something like this:

Alexander

Gallagher                          Halkett                              Lithgow 

McMillan              Byrne               Pittman           Thompson/Robinson     Cadden

Miller                      Hardie

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No danger we'd be appealing Thompson's red card unless we were confident we'd win it. 

I'm more concerned with Byrne though, we weren't the same when he went off injured, him and Pittman are key players in our midfield. Thompson can be replaced by Robinson.

I think the best we can hope for in this game is a point, and it would be a Hoppy bonus if we did get a draw.

Having seen the sending off incident, it looks like a stonewaller to me.

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The challenge is on the Highlights about 5min 10secs for those who haven't seen it. It's a really poor challenge, I'd be amazed if that was overturned.

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Hopkin was right in front of it called it an embarrassing decision

Having seen the challenge in the above highlights, Hopkin's comment is embarrassing. Hope he has contacted the match officials with an apology.

Atlis is making an complete fool of himself for even insinuating that's anything other than a red card. It's a fucking stinker of a challenge.

Also, I see a lot of Livi fans saying that Thompson 'slipped' and that footage firmly puts that ridiculous notion to bed as well.

This game has just got tougher than it already was, we will be without Thompson, and if Byrne doesn’t make it for this the likelyhood is we start with Gallagher as the holding player and Robinson beside Pittman, not the strongest and in an area that St Mirren will take advantage off. 

We’ve been well beaten in the two previous games against St Mirren this season too and they are the best team in this division, the table shows that. 

Its a free game for us in many respects, we really have exceeded all expectations this season, now that we are all but comfortably safe from the bottom two we should be able to relax and enjoy the ride, playoffs is obviously something to target now, but anything from this game is a bonus, I’d have happily taken 4 points from Falkirk, Dunfermline and St mirren. 

Hopefully we atleast compete, I’d line up something along the lines of :- 

Alexander, Longridge, Lithgow, Buchanan/Gallagher, Halkett, McMillan, Gallagher/Byrne, Robinson, Pittman, Hardie, Miller. 

If Byrne is fit then he plays the defensive role behind Robinson and Pittman, and Gallagher stays in defence, if he doesn’t make it then we have no option to play buchanan CB and Gallagher as the holding player. 

Won’t be an easy game but we have hit six goals against Livingston in the two league games this season and will go into this one fresh with the squad in arguably the best shape it’s been all season.

Be a big support through for this one I think, looking forward to it!

Archived