Jump to content
Gert.T.Fock

Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

Recommended Posts

Nice for the players  to have 2 weeks before their next game, they can come back refreshed and ready for the title run in.  I expect a hard fought game but i think we'll win this 3-1, we can see it in our sights now and Jack will have them focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve got Dunfermline to play before this so will see where we are after that. 

Should be a good game this though, especially if we manage to beat Dunfermline and jump into 2nd place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livingston actually have a better chance of catching St.Mirren than Utd do I think.

In decent form, traded very well in January. They have two games in hand over Saints and still to play us twice.

I reckon Livingston and Morton are the only sides in the chasing pack that are capable of stringing together 5 or 6 wins on the spin.

Game on the 17th going to be very difficult, but of course it's one we can win given our current form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our games away from the fortress are clearly the key ones in the run-in. I think Hopkin has done a remarkable job at Livi - I was expecting them to fade away, but they look to have kicked on once again.

Tough game to call. We have a decent record there and I'd imagine fans will be going through in decent numbers, which should help.

Edited by Coventry Saint
Massive stupidity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Our games away from the fortress are clearly the key ones in the run-in. I think Aitken has done a remarkable job at Livi - I was expecting them to fade away, but they look to have kicked on once again.

Tough game to call. We have a decent record there and I'd imagine fans will be going through in decent numbers, which should help.

Indeed - especially when you consider he spends every Saturday with Dumbarton. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the sig, guys and girls, you know it's the truth.

As for Livi, they've turned out a very decent side at this level, albeit they are producing at a higher level than the sum of their parts - pretty much the opposite of United. I still think we will win though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think Aitken has done a remarkable job at Livi

True, we'd be all the way down in 6th without the 9 points we got from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I think Aitken has done a remarkable job at Livi

Nah, it's a different ex-soapdodger that manages Livvy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have the added bonus that come the Livvy game the Hippo might be fit to play. The competition for places in the starting line up at the moment is great and keeping every player on their toes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

We also have the added bonus that come the Livvy game the Hippo might be fit to play.

There's only one team that would benefit from that.

Hint: it's not St Mirren. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Afro said:

Indeed - especially when you consider he spends every Saturday with Dumbarton. :P

FFS. :lol:

Serves me right for trying to post on a Monday morning. Post edited now. Fucking idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FFS. :lol:
Serves me right for trying to post on a Monday morning. Post edited now. Fucking idiot.


Happens to the best of us...

Regardless of Saturday’s result, this will be a very tough match for us. I think we’re more than capable of beating anyone in this division, as we’ve proven this season to an extent (barring, bizarrely, Dunfermline). A draw would probably suit both sides’ realistic expectations, a win would do wonders for our play-off hopes and make overtaking United an interesting possibility.

Will revisit this come Saturday evening (hopefully), but if we put in a shift like we did in the first 70 minutes at Falkirk I’ll be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There's only one team that would benefit from that.

Hint: it's not St Mirren. 

That's tempting fate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's the same boring mantra as I've had the last few weeks - go out and win, then turn our attention to the next one.

Livingston can beat anyone in the league - although it was in the cup that they beat us this season. Tough place to go, but we have a tremendous record there and will go into the game with the strongest squad we've had all season, with Davis, Mackenzie and Magennis all fighting fit, and with Flynn, Hill, Mullen and Hippolyte all added to the ranks.

Be interesting to see if Jack sticks with the same starting lineup or if he throws Hippolyte or Mullen in against their old team.

I'll go for a narrow win for Saints, with both team scoring. 3-1 sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if everyone is fit Ross will stick with the team that played against QoS. It wasn't the flashiest of performances, but in many ways it was one of our best performances of the season. We were just so comfortable all the way through apart from a dodgy couple of minutes in the first half where Samson earned his wages. If we could have that again I'd be delighted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very tough game but when watching Saints they are just oozng confidence as well as a strong team our bench is full of what could be classed first team regulars Ross has built some squad . For me moving Magennis into the middle of midfield beside McGinn with Flynn on the right has made us much stronger in midfield. If Eckersley keeps fit don't think we will see Stelios playing again. Tough game just think Saints have the finishing post in sight which will drive them on to win this game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think if everyone is fit Ross will stick with the team that played against QoS. It wasn't the flashiest of performances, but in many ways it was one of our best performances of the season. We were just so comfortable all the way through apart from a dodgy couple of minutes in the first half where Samson earned his wages. If we could have that again I'd be delighted.

Ross said he dropped McShane to give him a rest. To do it twice in a row suggests otherwise. Although it's obviously a nice problem to have but I feel he might return to McShane in the middle and keep Flynn wide, and (prepare yourself for a shock) with Magennis starting on the bench. This seems utter lunacy because Magennis for me is playing better than Morgan just now and should be first on the team sheet however McShane (imo) offers more of a defensive roll and I think that will be important here. If this happens, then Magennis will definitely play a part in the later game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Ross said he dropped McShane to give him a rest. To do it twice in a row suggests otherwise. Although it's obviously a nice problem to have but I feel he might return to McShane in the middle and keep Flynn wide, and (prepare yourself for a shock) with Magennis starting on the bench. This seems utter lunacy because Magennis for me is playing better than Morgan just now and should be first on the team sheet however McShane (imo) offers more of a defensive roll and I think that will be important here. If this happens, then Magennis will definitely play a part in the later game.

Nice problems for the manager to have, although I'm glad it's not me who has the decision to make...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost sacrilegious to suggest dropping anybody at the moment, but we've still got to go to Tannadice, at which point I could imagine playing McGinn, McShane and Magennis in the middle, with perhaps Mullen (or Hippolyte) up front on their own.

It's mental to suggest dropping Smith and Reilly, but that's the sort of game that's not suited Reilly so much this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×