Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

What does that have to do with Livi bullying St Mirren all over the park?
They out muscled us all over the park, beat us to the ball, won everything in the air. 
I don’t understand what is contentious about saying that. 

Bullying really are you for real. Just better and more up for it on thr day . Lucky for you it was only 4.Why is it that every defeated teams fans are so ungracious towards Livingston.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

There weren’t many, but the one your number 23 did on Morgan in the first half was absolutely mental. 

Morgan managed to jump out of the way, but if he’d not shat it and taken the ball in, he’d most likely have ended up with  a very bad injury.

I was astonished when the ref didn’t even give a foul. Wild, at speed, reckless.

Always find its better to stick to the facts. Did the ref give anything ? No. So he could not have deemed it wild, reckless or dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

So fans don't either?

Of course they do. And I have plenty of times.

This was right in front of me though, and Morgan was visibly upset by it.  No doubt he’ll get more protection when wearing green and white, but he hardly contested a tackle after that incident.

Livingston the modern day version of the Crazy Gang at Wimbledon !

Yes we put ourselves about , that is true, but boy that team are so united and work their socks off for each other, brilliant to watch and at the end of the day if we don't get the results we can never question their attitudes.

Don't understand the Livi fans getting all teary about anyone saying they bullied us. That's a good thing! Livi were hard and physical and won every battle. Saying they bullied St Mirren all over the park is a massive compliment. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

On a non-footballing matter...

My satnav said I was a mile from the ground at 2.26pm.

I didn’t make it in for kick off.

How did you cope in the days when you were in the top league and had the OF, Hearts, HIbs etc attending?

Think you need a new Satnav mate, the stadiums right in the middle of the town, simples to get to.

21 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

On a non-footballing matter...

My satnav said I was a mile from the ground at 2.26pm.

I didn’t make it in for kick off.

How did you cope in the days when you were in the top league and had the OF, Hearts, HIbs etc attending?

There are people who will read your post and conclude that you’re not very bright.

9 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Think you need a new Satnav mate, the stadiums right in the middle of the town, simples to get to.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

There are people who will read your post and conclude that you’re not very bright.

Or perhaps the traffic was chaos?

Ended up parking in LIDL, which was the best thing that happened all day as we got away from the disaster quickly.

What a game, absolutely buzzing after that incredible performance by Livi.

Like everyone else, I feared the worst when the first goal went in, didn't think we were doing too badly though and had forced a couple of corners early on too, but I just kept think of our last 2 defeats against St Mirren and thought here we go again. Hardie getting a gift to pull us level was very much like his opener against Dumbarton, he's excellent at pressuring defenders and making them panic, then pouncing on their mistakes, cool as feck finisher too.

His 2nd goal was a cracker of a strike, actually saw it coming when Lithgow took the long throw and only one player was marking Gallagher, and he was about a good 6 inches shorter than him, really surprised St Mirren hadn't done their homework and doubled up on big Dec, he's always the target man from Lithgow's long throws.

Miller's goal was the best of the bunch, what an overhead kick, pick that out ya bass. Not bad for an auld yin who's meant to be past it, ran his arse off all game chasing down balls and tracking back too, as did Hardie, that's exactly what Hoppy has all our players doing, and why we're 2nd in the league. Everyone works hard and plays for one another, no passengers in this team.

So glad we didn't play Gallagher in midfield and try to sit in, St Mirren would've destroyed us if we'd done that, they're too goo a team to invite onto us and try to hold out against, only way to beat them is by getting stuck in and pushing them hard. Also helps when you've a player like Hardie who is lethal in front of goal and takes his chances.

Robinson deserved his goal to finish the game, didn't think he could score from that angle, he's some player for us too. And Cadden has been different class these past 3 or 4 games, his confidence is back and he just runs down that wing now.

As has been said, great support by St Mirren, made all the difference having an atmosphere, don't feel sorry for them having to leave empty handed though, can't wait for the Utd game now.:bounce2

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Or perhaps the traffic was chaos?

Ended up parking in LIDL, which was the best thing that happened all day as we got away from the disaster quickly.

Think the number of people wanting to park at the ground caught us out; think there were only two stewards on duty there leading to some pretty lengthy queues

2 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Yes we coped fine :lol:

I’m sure Livvy fans coped fine all the time.

It was away fans I was thinking of.

Traffic was almost at as standstill.

Saints support was good, but I’m sure you’ve had much bigger supports.

Even once we got parked there were still supporters cars tailing off in to the distance.

Livingston deserved that win and it could have been a few more if we are being honest. Hardie and Miller ran the saints defence ragged. Byrne was outstanding again hope we can get him signed up for next season. Pittman and Robinson were everywhere , Robinson goal was quality. Cadden looks much more confident now done very well. Rafa stopped Morgan and done great for 3rd goal. Our back 3 were rock solid , Deccy halks and Alan never put a foot wrong 

Just now, Bobby_F said:

I’m sure Livvy fans coped fine all the time.

It was away fans I was thinking of.

Traffic was almost at as standstill.

Saints support was good, but I’m sure you’ve had much bigger supports.

Even once we got parked there were still supporters cars tailing off in to the distance.

Usually have police at the traffic lights when there is a big away support, Hearts brought about 7 thousand through a couple of seasons back, but even a couple of thousand causes jams leaving the stadium, but unfortunately it isn't enough for a police traffic management detail.

48 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Usually have police at the traffic lights when there is a big away support, Hearts brought about 7 thousand through a couple of seasons back, but even a couple of thousand causes jams leaving the stadium, but unfortunately it isn't enough for a police traffic management detail.

That makes sense.

Using the normal traffic light sequences when there are maybe 500 extra cars arriving in a short space of time going to lead to tailbacks.

We left early, thinking there’d be a big Saints support, but thought that getting there at 2.30 we’d be in bags of time.

We weren’t. 

Archived