Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

Not the first time we've been bodied this season. Every time it's happened we've responded with a run of fantastic form. 

Great opportunity to put another quick six points on the board with Brechin and Falkirk coming to visit before Tannadice. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

up ye

Up me f**k all. You made an arse of yourself by claiming the act of thuggery that got Thompson sent off last week would almost certainly be overturned and I was rightly laughing at you for it. 

That has no impact on the result today. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Up me f**k all. You made an arse of yourself by claiming the act of thuggery that got Thompson sent off last week would almost certainly be overturned and I was rightly laughing at you for it. 

That has no impact on the result today. 

Guys! I've found the one seething St Mirren fan :D:D:D 

Guest Back Post Misses
Not the first time we've been bodied this season. Every time it's happened we've responded with a run of fantastic form. 
Great opportunity to put another quick six points on the board with Brechin and Falkirk coming to visit before Tannadice. 

Loving your confidence. I think you will find we are just about top of the form league since mid December.

Shocking performance from us. Livvy know their strengths and certainly play to them well. High balls down the park should be meat and drink to most centre halves - not ours. Panic just seems to set in.

Wouldn’t give any of them pass marks. Special mention to Morgan - he’s been outstanding up til he signed for Celtic. Hasn’t kicked a ball since. Effort and commitment just aren’t there at the moment.

It's  amazing that any time Livi get a result against a fancied team the phrases like off day , agricultural and , my favourite, bullied come spouting forth from the opposition fans. We must have some bad,bad boys playing for us. Mr Hopkin, have a word in their ears and tell them not to be so rough to the precious dears they play against. 

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We’ve just been pumped 4-1. But the real riddy of the day is the Livi tannoy guy announcing all of the sponsors (or lack of) at every substitution.

Said that to the daughter , if we get one back the last sub will be sponsored by that village in Wales !

7 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Shocking performance from us. Livvy know their strengths and certainly play to them well. High balls down the park should be meat and drink to most centre halves - not ours. Panic just seems to set in.

Wouldn’t give any of them pass marks. Special mention to Morgan - he’s been outstanding up til he signed for Celtic. Hasn’t kicked a ball since. Effort and commitment just aren’t there at the moment.

I'm really unconvinced by Flynn, too. And Smith had an off game.

Weirdly, we might have been ok had the defence not shat the bad for that first goal. But there was no movement, the passing was terrible, and we were beasted in the air.

The switch to 3 at the back just created huge channels behind our fullbacks as we chased the game.

All in all, hopeless.

At half time, even 3-1 up, I still thought the way St Mirren were playing (barring the howler for the equaliser) was the best they had played against us this season and at no point, until the 4th goal, was I confident we would win. 

It was a free game for us and to get 3 points is incredible. With Morton dropping points it makes it even sweeter. 

What is weird is I still think some of our players were not 100% today but still were incredible. I have seen Halkett, Pittman, Alexander and Byrne all play better than today, but their effort and desire to win 50/50s and play for each other is immense. 

Only thing is, why is the rest of Livi stuck in the pub with their OF tops on instead of watching us when we play like that?

I love watching this team, officially safe from 10th place, brilliant!

8 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

It's  amazing that any time Livi get a result against a fancied team the phrases like off day , agricultural and , my favourite, bullied come spouting forth from the opposition fans. We must have some bad,bad boys playing for us. Mr Hopkin, have a word in their ears and tell them not to be so rough to the precious dears they play against. 

Are you suggesting Livi didn’t bully St Mirren?

Depends on what your definition of bully is. May be our boys thought they were just as good/better than your boys and were not going to let them dictate the play like you have,deservedly so, the other twice we have played you. I cannot recall any over zealous tackles from either side during the game. Today, some of your lot did not play to form and subsequently you got turned over.

3 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:

Stop being such a Jessie, its a mans gane

What does that have to do with Livi bullying St Mirren all over the park?

They out muscled us all over the park, beat us to the ball, won everything in the air. 

I don’t understand what is contentious about saying that. 

I think a lot of people confuse hard work with being physical. Pitts has barely put in a tackle all season cos he's always up the guy's arse giving him no room. Likewise you could say the same about Shaun Byrne, That's not being physical, that's working hard and being fit enough to do that for 90 minutes. 

Thats down to good coaching and a team willing to run themselves into the ground week in week out. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Depends on what your definition of bully is. May be our boys thought they were just as good/better than your boys and were not going to let them dictate the play like you have,deservedly so, the other twice we have played you. I cannot recall any over zealous tackles from either side during the game. Today, some of your lot did not play to form and subsequently you got turned over.

There weren’t many, but the one your number 23 did on Morgan in the first half was absolutely mental. 

Morgan managed to jump out of the way, but if he’d not shat it and taken the ball in, he’d most likely have ended up with  a very bad injury.

I was astonished when the ref didn’t even give a foul. Wild, at speed, reckless.

Archived