Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 4-1

Not too surprised we’ve lost that after all that carry on during the week. Can’t have helped the preparations. Never expected a paddlin’ like that though.

Livi are clearly a decent side and could end up challenging us if they keep up their run of form.

Brechin at home next week, need to get 3 points there then keep the heed and get ourselves over the line.

Don't mind losing too much considering the run we've been on, but the manner of it is concerning. That's three times this season we've been completely dismantled away, which we need to learn from assuming we'll be playing better teams next season.

Our defending was atrocious and didn't get any better with MacKenzie chucked in. Our tactics going forward seemed to be to just give it to Morgan and hope for the best, which is really one-dimensional when we have plenty of good attacking options. I do think the dodgy pitch played a part though.

Livi were excellent, 4-1 doesn't flatter them at all. They won every physical battle all over the park and had loads of chances to get the fourth earlier. Ref was shite, we should have had a penalty for the blatant pull on Morgan.

3 minutes ago, Young gun said:

What’s up ,you thinking about going to the Macaroni Stadium on Friday

Nae pressure then :thumsup2

Bad day at the office, that's all.

Adds a wee bit of spice to next Fridays game.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Fair play to Livi, that's an absolute pumping.

David Hopkin has done an absolutely sensational job given the fairly limited budget I'd imagine he has. Nice to see that Ryan Hardie doesn't just score against us too.

Yip Livi absolutely flying. Well done to Hoppy who is doing a great job there

We can't play against height at all. We finally won a ball in the air when Hippo came on, but we were all over the place by then. We actually had Morgan up on his own for a while there. Mental stuff.

Not gonna complain about the decisions, ref was shite all round. But the penalty for the tug on Morgan was a pen, and I'd be interested to see the handball shout again. From where we were (with the sun in our eyes) it looked like he palmed it away, but I'm assuming it was his head. Our players didn't go mental enough for it to have been handball.

Livi could yet make a fist of a challenge here, and even if they don't catch us, I'd fancy them in the playoffs. Good side; deserved win.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

How many?

Didn't hear it once :lol: Away support was excellent though.

I have no words that can describe the feeling :D 

Hardie and Miller absolutely immense all day, love the celebration for Hardie as well. Cadden had the beating of the right back all day long, constantly down the wing. Byrne absolutely dominated the midfield. All round class display.

Robinson was brilliant for me, really showed what he has and why he should be an option over Thompson.

All three at the back had no worries all day apart from the first 5. Didn't really look like giving anything up in the second half and Morgan was completely and utter nullified.

Hardie hit the bar and Cadden missed a one on one, could easily have been about 7 for us.

Credit to Miller who won everything as well, cracking finish for the goal though

5 goals in 4 starts for Hardie, to think we let Mullen go who looked piss poor today, to pick him up is ridiculous.

Image result for this has been the best trade deal

Jack Ross OUT, imo. 

Excellent performance from us and a lot more comfortable than I thought any kind of win would be. Looking forward to seeing the goals again, Robinson's didn't look like it was going in from where I was.

Fair play to the St Mirren fans (inside the ground anyway - some of the pish outside was cringeworthy at best), travelled in numbers and made a lot of noise. No BOOOO though which was disappointing ;)

Gives us a good 3 point lead over United going into next week, hopefully be a good game and similar result to today. 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Jack Ross OUT, imo. 

Excellent performance from us and a lot more comfortable than I thought any kind of win would be. Looking forward to seeing the goals again, Robinson's didn't look like it was going in from where I was.

Fair play to the St Mirren fans (inside the ground anyway - some of the pish outside was cringeworthy at best), travelled in numbers and made a lot of noise. No BOOOO though which was disappointing ;)

Gives us a good 3 point lead over United going into next week, hopefully be a good game and similar result to today. 

Who's a better manager, Hopkin or Ross? :D I'm going Hopkin 

Archived