Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I feared the worst when we conceded so early but we’ve been tremendous since then and could be more ahead. 

Every single high ball St Mirren have struggled with, the first goal for us is comedy gold. 

I’m not convinced this game is finished yet,  wry open and long way to go, St Mirren get an early goal second half it’s game on. 

Feared the worst after that early goal but this is going better than expected. Still time for us to f**k it up thigh

Hilarious defending for Hardie's first, 2nd and 3rd were fucking brilliant and can't wait to see them again. 

Brilliant support through from St Murn as well, extra couple hundred to the right too. 

20180217_145901.jpg

f**k knows what's up with our defence. Absolutely beasted.

Second and third Livi goals were great finishes, but you could see them coming a fucking mile away. 

I'm hoping it was the angle of the sun or something. High balls in from our left this half.

Edit: Hippo for Smith, IMO. We've got nothing up front. I'd go two up.

Livingston have absolutely nullified Morgan in this half but the pull back at 2-1 is as clear a penalty as you'll ever see. 

Also, the ref playing advantage for us and one pass later the linesman giving offside so the ref gives Livi the free kick instead of pulling it back. :lol:

I thought Christmas was over, but first half saw three stupid men giving away gifts. 

Livvy’s tactics seem to be to defend strongly and launch the ball in to the box from every set piece and even every throw in even 10 yards inside our half. 

They seem to have at least 3 different players with excellent long throws. 

Fair play to them it is working and our defence just can’t deal with it. 

Mighy have been different if ref hadn’t missed a stonewall penalty for a foul on Morgan at 2-1. He stayed on his feet which I applaud but the ref shouldn’t have missed the tug. 

Would take this score now so long as we don’t pick up any injuries. 

The tackle from Livvy’s number 23 could have put Morgan out for the rest of the season if he hadn’t managed to hurdle it. 

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k knows what's up with our defence. Absolutely beasted.

Second and third Livi goals were great finishes, but you could see them coming a fucking mile away. 

I'm hoping it was the angle of the sun or something. High balls in from our left this half.

Edit: Hippo for Smith, IMO. We've got nothing up front. I'd go two up.

You are a Jonah :lol:

6 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

I have been impressed by Livi this season, and think Hopkin has done a great job. In many ways they have been the recipients, as much as St Mirren, from the lacklustre performances of the other "main challengers". Inverness, Falkirk, United should all be up the top end of the league and that vacuum they've left has been filled pretty much by ourselves and Livi.

I was a fan of us bringing in Ryan this season, so have been keeping an eye on his performances at Livi. From what I can gather it's very much an "ok, but not great" report card - Livi fans, please correct me if I'm wrong. Edit: Ignore this, it's utter mince, as DJ Chapsticks has rightfully pointed out.

I am slightly concerned about all the kerfuffle surrounding Ross and I hope the players don't overplay in an attempt to show their happiness. If anything a really boring 1-0 victory with no injuries and no flash points would be my ideal outcome - not surprising I think all fans would take that if offered each week.

The one thing I would say is that with this being another week when we play before United, I don't really want to give them a hint of light at the end of a very dark tunnel for them. If we lose this, and United start up a bit of traction with their games in hand while I don't think they'll catch us I just think it'll add more pressure to an already emotive subject.

light_at_the_end_of_the_tunnel_by_oehr-d66j9gy.png

Law of averages suggests we were due a defeat. We're probably due a rough patch too as our form for the last 22 months has been phenomenal.

Hopefully this is just a bad day, we've reacted well to our previous defeats this season.

Archived