Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

I think most Livi fans have little expectations on a result given our form lies away from home, and St Mirren of course being the best team in the league, but I think we might spring a wee surprise here, need something special from Hardie today.  2-1 to the Lions hopefully.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Looking forward to this today, will be good to have a big crowd in the ground although yes St mirren will probably our number us 2 to 1, before the chant starts yes we know we have a shitey home support (sigh) it is what it is.

As long as we compete i’ll be quite happy although I have a feeling it’s going to be a long afternoon especially with our lack of options in the midfield.

You've lost me andy, unless you're trying to play it down and keeping a low profile, we've plenty options in midfield. Keaghan is back training and available, Byrne is prob going to be ok to play too, it's only Thompson that'll be out, and Robinson is more than able to fill that position. Then there's Rafa and Cadden on the wings, and Mullin trying to get back in, too, I don't actually see us being any weaker other than we were just starting to get a settled starting eleven but I don't think Thompson being out suspended is something we can't cope with.

Oh and tae feck with just competing, I want to see us getting stuck in and coming away with at least a draw, it's a free game for us with no expectation of getting anything, lets get a shock win.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ooft, it's all about 2nd place for Utd now is it,  the big game for 2nd place will be next week though, Livi will win that one and prob finish 2nd.

FTFY

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Well, second is better than third.

As thinks stand I’d bite your hand off for second.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You've lost me andy, unless you're trying to play it down and keeping a low profile, we've plenty options in midfield. Keaghan is back training and available, Byrne is prob going to be ok to play too, it's only Thompson that'll be out, and Robinson is more than able to fill that position. Then there's Rafa and Cadden on the wings, and Mullin trying to get back in, too, I don't actually see us being any weaker other than we were just starting to get a settled starting eleven but I don't think Thompson being out suspended is something we can't cope with.

Oh and tae feck with just competing, I want to see us getting stuck in and coming away with at least a draw, it's a free game for us with no expectation of getting anything, lets get a shock win.

If Byrne makes it then great but he’s 50/50, Keaghan I’m told isn’t fully fit so if he plays won’t be 100% fit, Robinson yes is a capable player to replace these two but he’s a different type of player. 

All I’m saying is St Mirren arguably have the strongest midfield in the league and going into this one with a not fully fit Jacobs gives me the fear a little bit. 

Ofcourse if Byrne makes it then great, he could sit and allow Pittman and Robinson/Jacobs to play just in front which means Gallagher won’t have to play DM. 

I want to see that too, by competing I mean getting stuck in and giving a good account of ourselves, and obviously I want to see us pick points up. 

Like a passionate supporter of a provincial club. Livingstone have a great set up  like us you should have more locals going along. I married a Livingstone girl from the old village Deans. My father-in-law was the manager of Livingstone juniors used to keep telling me about a certain centre forward scoring goals for fun. My father-in-law was ragging Livingstone sold him to the blue Brazilians for next to hee haw. This player went on to be a St Mirren legend. His name Mark Yardley.  

Deans isn't a village, it's a district/precinct of Livingstone.

Archived