Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as you don't end up singing that one to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps tonight" at Livi South after the game again :whistle

Nah, that song only works when "we only win away".

We pretty much just win all the time now [emoji4]

9 minutes ago, dardo said:

Nah, that song only works when "we only win away".

We pretty much just win all the time now emoji4.png

All I remember is five minutes solid of a chorus of:

"A win away; a win away; a win away; a win away; a win away; a win away; a win away; a win away"

And then the announcement that the train was going to be delayed by five minutes so the buggers started up again.....

Bring back the drum! :shutup

Can see us playing a defensive set up tomorrow bringing Buchanan back in and putting Gallagher into midfield ,similar to the cup game against Falkirk ,should be a decent game between the two top teams in the league ,Livi will be to strong for St Mirren and make a mockery of the points between the two teams ...mon the lions !!!

50 minutes ago, snorkie said:

Can see us playing a defensive set up tomorrow bringing Buchanan back in and putting Gallagher into midfield ,similar to the cup game against Falkirk ,should be a decent game between the two top teams in the league ,Livi will be to strong for St Mirren and make a mockery of the points between the two teams ...mon the lions !!!

Like a passionate supporter of a provincial club. Livingstone have a great set up  like us you should have more locals going along. I married a Livingstone girl from the old village Deans. My father-in-law was the manager of Livingstone juniors used to keep telling me about a certain centre forward scoring goals for fun. My father-in-law was ragging Livingstone sold him to the blue Brazilians for next to hee haw. This player went on to be a St Mirren legend. His name Mark Yardley.  

Like a passionate supporter of a provincial club. Livingstone have a great set up  like us you should have more locals going along. I married a Livingstone girl from the old village Deans. My father-in-law was the manager of Livingstone juniors used to keep telling me about a certain centre forward scoring goals for fun. My father-in-law was ragging Livingstone sold him to the blue Brazilians for next to hee haw. This player went on to be a St Mirren legend. His name Mark Yardley.  
Great wee story about big yards DZ, but surely if you married a girl from the town you should be able to spell Livingston properly [emoji13]

6 hours ago, mylothedog said:

Great wee story about big yards DZ, but surely if you married a girl from the town you should be able to spell Livingston properly emoji13.png

Was thinking that too ...it’s normally Livy Livvy Luvvy Lavvy Livingstone  :)   

Mon the Livi !!!

On 10/02/2018 at 18:15, ATLIS said:

We're appealing, was never a red anyway. Fairly likely to be overturned

On 10/02/2018 at 18:26, ATLIS said:

Hopkin was right in front of it called it an embarrassing decision

On 10/02/2018 at 18:30, ATLIS said:

It was more so backing up my other side of the stadium point

Happened in front of the home dugout, McManus in the press box other side of the stadium, around where the away fans are. 

Only people that have been close to it are Livi fans really

:lol: Unsurprising that this appeal was booted into touch almost as hard as Thompson booted Andy Ryan. 

I have been impressed by Livi this season, and think Hopkin has done a great job. In many ways they have been the recipients, as much as St Mirren, from the lacklustre performances of the other "main challengers". Inverness, Falkirk, United should all be up the top end of the league and that vacuum they've left has been filled pretty much by ourselves and Livi.

I was a fan of us bringing in Ryan this season, so have been keeping an eye on his performances at Livi. From what I can gather it's very much an "ok, but not great" report card - Livi fans, please correct me if I'm wrong. Edit: Ignore this, it's utter mince, as DJ Chapsticks has rightfully pointed out.

I am slightly concerned about all the kerfuffle surrounding Ross and I hope the players don't overplay in an attempt to show their happiness. If anything a really boring 1-0 victory with no injuries and no flash points would be my ideal outcome - not surprising I think all fans would take that if offered each week.

The one thing I would say is that with this being another week when we play before United, I don't really want to give them a hint of light at the end of a very dark tunnel for them. If we lose this, and United start up a bit of traction with their games in hand while I don't think they'll catch us I just think it'll add more pressure to an already emotive subject.

8 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I was a fan of us bringing in Ryan this season, so have been keeping an eye on his performances at Livi. From what I can gather it's very much an "ok, but not great" report card - Livi fans, please correct me if I'm wrong

Eh? 

I'm guessing you mean Andy Ryan and not Ryan Hardie. 

In which case, the Dunfermline thread is thataway! :lol:

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Eh? 

I'm guessing you mean Andy Ryan and not Ryan Hardie. 

In which case, the Dunfermline thread is thataway! :lol:

Oh, tits... :lol:

Yes, you are totally right, for some reason I was thinking Andy Ryan was at Livi. Not sure why as I've watched Ryan playing against us already this season.

Looking forward to this today, will be good to have a big crowd in the ground although yes St mirren will probably our number us 2 to 1, before the chant starts yes we know we have a shitey home support (sigh) it is what it is.

As long as we compete i’ll be quite happy although I have a feeling it’s going to be a long afternoon especially with our lack of options in the midfield.

Archived