Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I'm not sure I'd say Hardie 'didn't try a leg', I always thought he was a bit of  a headless chicken with us. Both him and Shankland could be decent Championship players but their confidence must have been shot to bits after our first half of the season.

Ross was right to move both on, but that doesn't mean they're not good enough for this league.  Hardie is quite pacey and has a decent strike, I reckon Baird and Davis should have enough to stop him playing a blinder though.

Correct, everyone was shite for us then, we were rotten as a team. Even guys like Mallan, Morgan and Baird looked utterly brutal at the time. Hardie was regularly played out of position on the wing as well, and there is no doubt his confidence was shot, same as Shankland, and there was no way they were going to survive Ross's January cull for the simple reason that they were easy to get rid of. Most of those guys have gone on to be perfectly competent at other clubs at this level.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, GAD said:

Correct, everyone was shite for us then, we were rotten as a team. Even guys like Mallan, Morgan and Baird looked utterly brutal at the time. Hardie was regularly played out of position on the wing as well, and there is no doubt his confidence was shot, same as Shankland, and there was no way they were going to survive Ross's January cull for the simple reason that they were easy to get rid of. Most of those guys have gone on to be perfectly competent at other clubs at this level.

I'll be honest, if we somehow conspired to not go up this season, I'd take Shankland back for next season. He's lost almost all the timber he'd put on at us and Morton and is scoring the sort of classy goals for Ayr in League 1 that he was pinging in for us in the Championship under Rae.

Most folk seem to forget that we were rejoicing at signing Shankland and Hardie. Neither worked out for us last season but both lost their ways somewhat.

The walk from Livi North to the stadium isn’t too bad, a lot better than the same journey from Livi South. Hope you have a good trip, but don’t enjoy the game. :lol:

Livi south is better because you have the better scenery like Dedridge

13 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'm not sure I'd say Hardie 'didn't try a leg', I always thought he was a bit of  a headless chicken with us. Both him and Shankland could be decent Championship players but their confidence must have been shot to bits after our first half of the season.

Ross was right to move both on, but that doesn't mean they're not good enough for this league.  Hardie is quite pacey and has a decent strike, I reckon Baird and Davis should have enough to stop him playing a blinder though.

I'm puzzled by the abuse Hardie gets from our fans. Good player who's scored plenty against us and never got a decent run in the team while here. Not sure whether it's the fact he was on loan from Rangers as Walsh got similar while doing alright in the time he had.

I'd have money on him scoring, albeit in a defeat for them...

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

I'm puzzled by the abuse Hardie gets from our fans. Good player who's scored plenty against us and never got a decent run in the team while here. Not sure whether it's the fact he was on loan from Rangers as Walsh got similar while doing alright in the time he had.

I'd have money on him scoring, albeit in a defeat for them...

Or a draw, we've only conceded 3 goals in our last 7 home league games, and I've a feeling Hoppy will set us up to grind out a frustrating draw against St Mirren, can't see us winning but a draw wouldn't be beyond us.

First visit to Livy, flying in Friday night staying in Edinburgh.

Going to get an early train into Livingston from Waverley Saturday morning.

So where’s the best station for beer/food before the game , North or South?

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s already been covered on the thread, at work so just time for a quick post. 

Thanks in advance, apologies if it’s already been covered on the thread, at work so just time for a quick post. 

If you're coming to Livyngston then you'll be disappointed as no such place exists.

Head to Livingston instead. Livi north has the saltire which is alright for beers and food. I'd say get to north and then walk to the Livi Inn. About a 10 mins walk from there to the stadium on a full stomach. From Livi north that's about a 30 mins walk.

On 13/02/2018 at 13:40, Jersey Bud said:

Head down to the stadium and go into the almondvale suite ,they accommodate home and away fans .Food and drink also sky footy it’s usually good atmosphere before games never any trouble .

09365CE1-931B-402A-BBE8-0B9D0094676D.jpeg

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

We should have a big crowd through on sat after tonight's news the fans will travel through in big numbers as the feel good factor continues.

Hope so, you were excellent in the last home game, even with a drum banging away all game.

Hoping we get above 2,000 on Saturday, most will be St Mirren fans which is a pisser but at least it'll bring in a bit of atmosphere to the game, maybe even encourage our fans to get involved too, which will lift the players.

Archived