Livvy v League Leaders 17.2.18

It'll be strange seeing Mullen playing against us, i'd expect him to come on as a 2nd half sub, our defenders should be well used to playing against him though, they'd have done so in training games.

On the game, the home defeat was a weird one, we dominated the first half and played against 10 men all 2nd half, yet it actually helped St Mirren as they sat in hitting us on the counter and scored a couple of goals from set pieces. The away defeat was the best opposition team I've seen us play against this season, we were fortunate to be leading and was no surprise when St Mirren eventually scored and ran out comfortable winners, they deserved all 3 points that game. We've strengthened in Jan though and finally have a proper striker in Hardie, who seems to like a hattrick against St Mirren, so here's hoping he makes it his 3 hattricks in 3 games against them, Raith, Sevco Development game being the other 2.

I feel anything at all against St Mirren will be a bonus, as they're sweeping everyone else aside, we've nothing really to lose in this game so should just go for it.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LiviLion said:

There's only one team that would benefit from that.

Hint: it's not St Mirren. 

Many questioned the Reilly signing... look how that's worked out! Jack Ross is the kind of manager that gets players to up their game, if the Hippo doesn't do that he won't play.

A draw here would be a decent result keep Livvy at an arms length. I reckon if we avoid defeat here and at Tannadice and win at home to Brechin and Falkirk then we'll win the league. 

I can't see too many changes, Flynn might drop to the bench for McShane, or he might not. Other than that I would doubt if we'll see any changes.

55 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

A draw here would be a decent result keep Livvy at an arms length. I reckon if we avoid defeat here and at Tannadice and win at home to Brechin and Falkirk then we'll win the league. 

I can't see too many changes, Flynn might drop to the bench for McShane, or he might not. Other than that I would doubt if we'll see any changes.

Flynn was  good on Saturday did nothing wrong but the BIG PLUS of this is Kyle Magennis playing in his natural centre midfield roll. Eckersley also played a blinder. 

54 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Flynn was  good on Saturday did nothing wrong but the BIG PLUS of this is Kyle Magennis playing in his natural centre midfield roll. Eckersley also played a blinder. 

Totally agree. Flynn did well and Magennis was excellent. Like has been said, nice problems for Jack Ross to have.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Totally agree. Flynn did well and Magennis was excellent. Like has been said, nice problems for Jack Ross to have.

Quality is in every position for this league then you have all that talent on the bench I'm honestly amazed don't remember any championship title winnig teams from us so strong. Taking nothing away from Livingstone they are having their own great ride to enjoy. I'm  sure Hippo will be introduced in the second half along with Mullen against his old club just needs to find that first goal. 

11 hours ago, Div said:

Livingston actually have a better chance of catching St.Mirren than Utd do I think.

In decent form, traded very well in January. They have two games in hand over Saints and still to play us twice.

I reckon Livingston and Morton are the only sides in the chasing pack that are capable of stringing together 5 or 6 wins on the spin.

Game on the 17th going to be very difficult, but of course it's one we can win given our current form.

Going so well till you mentioned Morton....!!!

Would be tempted for us to keep the same team again, it's worked decently. Just need the ball on the ground or actually winnable balls to Miller. Thompson has got a cracking pass on him so would like to see him on the ball more dictating the play

37 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Would be tempted for us to keep the same team again, it's worked decently. Just need the ball on the ground or actually winnable balls to Miller. Thompson has got a cracking pass on him so would like to see him on the ball more dictating the play

Won't that be tricky with Thompson suspended? 

Tam McManus was covering the game for Sportsound and said it was a shocker.

With or without Thompson, if we play well we should win. That said, a point wouldn't be a bad result. I'd take a draw here ad at Tannadice, assuming we win our home games against Brechin and Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We're appealing, was never a red anyway. Fairly likely to be overturned

I haven't personally seen it but everyone who has so far commented on the challenge who was not connected with Livingston FC have agreed that it was a horribly mistimed challenge and as straightforward a red as they come. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Tam McManus was covering the game for Sportsound and said it was a shocker.

With or without Thompson, if we play well we should win. That said, a point wouldn't be a bad result. I'd take a draw here ad at Tannadice, assuming we win our home games against Brechin and Falkirk.

From the other side of the stadium?

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I haven't personally seen it but everyone who has so far commented on the challenge who was not connected with Livingston FC have agreed that it was a horribly mistimed challenge and as straightforward a red as they come. 

Hopkin was right in front of it called it an embarrassing decision

Just now, houston_bud said:

This is a joke right? You've just proved djchapsticks point.

It was more so backing up my other side of the stadium point

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I've not seen it, so no idea where on the park it was or how bad it was. I'm just saying how it has been reported.

Happened in front of the home dugout, McManus in the press box other side of the stadium, around where the away fans are. 

Only people that have been close to it are Livi fans really

Archived