Admission Concessions

philyerboots

What age and price should it be to get in to a junior league match ?

It is normally concession are under 16 and over 65 where the pay half fair (either 3 pounds or 2 50 depending on the league) but clubs normally let kids in for free

It is normally concession are under 16 and over 65 where the pay half fair (either 3 pounds or 2 50 depending on the league) but clubs normally let kids in for free
Maybe a daft question, but what do we do in the coming years as the pension qualifying age increases?

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Maybe a daft question, but what do we do in the coming years as the pension qualifying age increases?

When I'm still "working" into my 70's I fully expect to be paying top whack for everything, sadly. 

The auld yins these days don't know how good they've got it. 

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

When I'm still "working" into my 70's I fully expect to be paying top whack for everything, sadly. 

The auld yins these days don't know how good they've got it. 

Yes we do, all the pensioners I know have decent cars, two or three holidays every year. Able to have a night out with a few drinks when they feel like it, myself included. 

Its the result of guaranteed pensions, high inflation in wages and house prices and Maggies policy of selling us council houses on the cheap. We're laughing all the way to the grave while meantime the youngsters are paying for it and will have to work till they are ninety.

If someone asks for a concession then, unless they are obviously taking the p1ss, you generally accept their word surely?
I regularly get shown a bus pass, which I believe you get (or got) at 60, as proof of being an OAP.

48 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Yes we do, all the pensioners I know have decent cars, two or three holidays every year. Able to have a night out with a few drinks when they feel like it, myself included. 

Its the result of guaranteed pensions, high inflation in wages and house prices and Maggies policy of selling us council houses on the cheap. We're laughing all the way to the grave while meantime the youngsters are paying for it and will have to work till they are ninety.

Hopefully a cold snap for you. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Hopefully we do not compound this horrendous attack on one the potentially most vulnerable groups in society by validating the decision to rob many of them of around £ 40 k over seven years .Sadly on the other hand others will rip the piss and feign advancing years just to save a couple of quid .Then again perhaps looking at employment status may be of more value when looking at admission prices.....just realised my arse is getting sore sitting on the fence.

I'm not advocating lining pensioners up and getting them to produce proof of age. Merely making the point that at the moment we all use 65 as the point that someone is an OAP and take them on trust at that. Do we raise that mark as the years go by as the age rises to 68. (And probably higher still)

4 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

If someone asks for a concession then, unless they are obviously taking the p1ss, you generally accept their word surely?
I regularly get shown a bus pass, which I believe you get (or got) at 60, as proof of being an OAP.

I'm over 60 and I find a difference between the Juniors and the Seniors. At the Juniors it's usually 65, the gate man is usually older than me and he would just laugh if I asked for a concession. I don't mind paying my 6 quid anyway.

In the Seniors, it's usually 60 for a concession in my experience. However it's usually a schoolkid on the gate so everybody looks old to them and they're too shy to query you anyway.

been using my concession card for 5 years at junior games only place i have been challenged abut my age was at port glasow this season guy on the gate was very unhappy that some one had the cheek to ask for a concession.

Archived