Queens v Morton

Quitongo out for several weeks due to a cartilage tear, and Forbes out for probably the rest of the season.  Our squad is getting extremely threadbare.  Subs are mainly youth players now.  My daughter is particularly disappointed about Quitongo as she's a ball girl for tomorrow's game (positioned right in front of the away support) and was hoping he'd be back in the team.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Quitongo out for several weeks due to a cartilage tear, and Forbes out for probably the rest of the season.  Our squad is getting extremely threadbare.  Subs are mainly youth players now.  My daughter is particularly disappointed about Quitongo as she's a ball girl for tomorrow's game (positioned right in front of the away support) and was hoping he'd be back in the team.

Quitonogo's career isn't gonna go far with the amount of injuries he picks up  !!

Quitongo is starting to get that "injury prone" tag.  He's obviously got bags of potential, but still really to prove himself, which may hinder a move in the close season.  Maybe the silver lining is he signs for another season with us.. 

14 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

You think they wont finish top 4. I cant see us overhauling them. Dunfermline 6 points off and played two extra games and your lot level on games but again 6 points behind. Not impossible but I would have them to stay in top 4.

Dundee United were seven points clear of Livingston and eleven points clear of Morton just three games ago. I'm not expecting Morton or any other play-off side to rack up long winning streaks - we're only on two straight wins in the league right now - but you don't need a tremendous run over the final third of the campaign to catch a team with the worst form in the division apart from the part-time clubs.

I'm with VT here. I don't see how anyone can look at Dundee United right now and say "nah, they're not getting caught". They're a team in turmoil. They changed their manager and it doesn't seem to have worked at all. I still think they'll finish in the top four, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop out.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I'n not that concerned. 

Our bench has always had a few kids on it this season. I don't think we have had a full first team squad of 18 available all season.

Bringing in Luca when we did and then Ross followed by Iredale and to a lesser extend Strapp coming back means it covers the injuries we have at the moment,. Kilday back training  and hopefully big Thomson is not too far behind him. ( What is wrong with him btw)

Jai being out is a blow no doubt but we are scoring and winning without him so hopefully that continues. Just a shame we wont have him at Parkhead, woudl love to him seen him run riot on a big park like that.

It's bad news on Quitongo, but at least with the Oliver Tiffoney partnership working out for the last few games and McHugh doing well from the bench we've got options to change things up there.

I'm more concerned about the depth in midfield if Thomson is going to be out much longer. Tiffoney dropping back or Russell playing out of position are our only options at the moment outwith the youth players.

While there's no reason to think we can't win here with the form we're in, we also can't realistically expect to win every week. We're going to drop points and a draw here would put us back in fourth while still having games in hand over the sides below us. Avoiding defeat would keep us on track, but if we can make up ground on second place that'd be great.

7 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hopkin has done a great job keeping Livi consistent and bar a late collapse like ours last year they'll probably stay in a playoff position. The Pars won't catch United and neither will Queens. Caly Thistle are 10 points behind the Arabs with a game more played and the rest are nowhere. Us? Maybe we'll reel them in. Maybe not.

They won't finish as low as fifth. IMO. Which is all  any of us can offer right now.

Yet with both Livingston and Dundee United in 40 points (albeit Livingston have played a game more) you accept it’s possible for them to collapse and miss out on the play offs but not United?

I’d suggest that based on current for the latter is far more plausible.

47 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yet with both Livingston and Dundee United in 40 points (albeit Livingston have played a game more) you accept it’s possible for them to collapse and miss out on the play offs but not United?

I’d suggest that based on current for the latter is far more plausible.

Nope, I didn't say that at all. Any of the top six could go on a great run of form; equally any of them could collapse like we did last March. I don't think  two or more teams will be consistently good enough over the rest of the season for United to finish fifth. Straightforward.

5 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Nope, I didn't say that at all. Any of the top six could go on a great run of form; equally any of them could collapse like we did last March. I don't think  two or more teams will be consistently good enough over the rest of the season for United to finish fifth. Straightforward.

Your reply of “lolwut” to the suggestion that Dundee United could finish outwith the play off places suggests otherwise.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Your reply of “lolwut” to the suggestion that Dundee United could finish outwith the play off places suggests otherwise.

ffs.....   both pedantic and wrong at the same time, well done you.

To clarify for the hard of thinking -  vt seems to think the balance of probability is very much slanted towards the Arabs finishing fifth or worse. I don't share that opinion, hence the response.  He might be right, I might be right; as I've already said it's all just opinions at the moment.

It really isn't difficult.

5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm with VT here. I don't see how anyone can look at Dundee United right now and say "nah, they're not getting caught". They're a team in turmoil. They changed their manager and it doesn't seem to have worked at all. I still think they'll finish in the top four, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop out.

Randy's Piles in stating the obvious/covering all bases post shock!

I think there's more to all the Quitongo stuff than meets the eye. Dunno what yet but he's recently been out with a "throat infection" for what, a month? How did he tear his cartlidge? Training? Match? Same with Forbes. A "bruised knee" shouldn't take long to heal, surely? Everything seems so cloak and dagger at Morton or am I just paranoid?

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I think there's more to all the Quitongo stuff than meets the eye. Dunno what yet but he's recently been out with a "throat infection" for what, a month? How did he tear his cartlidge? Training? Match? Same with Forbes. A "bruised knee" shouldn't take long to heal, surely? Everything seems so cloak and dagger at Morton or am I just paranoid?

SevcoTON in he doesn't know what he's talking about post shock!

On the match preview, Jacobs and Marshall are back in the squad and I would assume though they will be on the bench and just come on for half hour or so.  That said I would like Jacobs to replace Rankin. 

Team I would like to see 

Leighfield

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie Mercer/Marshall          depending on fitness of marshall

Thomas Jacobs Thomson Dykes

Dobbs Fergusson

Archived