Queens v Morton

So you’re saying the technology done it’s job then? The WHOLE of the ball must cross the line, not 96% of it.

Also find it disturbing the number of people complaining about the officials even though the decision was correct.

Erm, no. Dean Saunders was watching it on BT and said he was adamant the ball crossed the line, by some distance as well. It then came back (verbally) that 96% of the ball crossed the line. I don't think it's ever been that close since the technology came in so you'd think MOTD would be all over it to show just how good and accurate it is. The fact it wasn't even mentioned during the show speaks volumes to me and that the ball will have indeed crossed the line but if they showed that it would open a right can of worms.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Also find it disturbing the number of people complaining about the officials even though the decision was correct.

Its just Northfield howling at the moon again.

The linesman was nearly at the half way line how the hell could he see anything .The ref was at least facing the goal much closer than the linesman .The ref has just had a lucky guess that it did not cross the line

Stop making a fool of yourself Jack

Good have done better.  Enjoyed the game yesterday.  Great night in Dumfries. Like this weekend forum. Better than the 10 regulars on the Morton Forum who wanted a boycott and the Hounding of Duffy before we started our unbeaten run. 

Erm, no. Dean Saunders was watching it on BT and said he was adamant the ball crossed the line, by some distance as well. It then came back (verbally) that 96% of the ball crossed the line. I don't think it's ever been that close since the technology came in so you'd think MOTD would be all over it to show just how good and accurate it is. The fact it wasn't even mentioned during the show speaks volumes to me and that the ball will have indeed crossed the line but if they showed that it would open a right can of worms.

Go on the ifab website, the ball needs to cross the whole of the line, not 96% regardless of wether they mentioned it or not

Go on the ifab website, the ball needs to cross the whole of the line, not 96% regardless of wether they mentioned it or not

f**k me you're making hard work of this. I'll try and make it as simple as possible.

- The Premier League love to show off their 'excellent' goal line technology at any opportunity. I've seen it used on MOTD when we could clearly see the ball hasn't crossed the line.

- A goal-line incident happened that day that was described as the closest the ball has been to crossing the line without actually being a goal, since the technology came in. An incident which is exactly why the GLT was brought in in the first place.

- On MOTD that evening I was fully expecting us to see said incident and for us to see just how accurate the GLT is. If a ball can be over by 96% and the technology picks up that it wasn't a goal then it's clearly working.

- We never saw the incident apart from one blocked camera angle. IMO the ball must have crossed the line, the GLT failed to work and rather than admit that, the FA (or whoever is in charge of it) chose to completely ignore the whole incident.

Can you give me an explanation as to why they wouldn't show us the footage if it had in fact worked?

That's why there is a grain of truth in the description of the incident as being 'not even close'. It wasn't a case in which a significant part of the ball was definitely over the line and the call would come down to a few millimetres - as was clear from the away section of the ground, the full ball remained steadily on the line. A great recovery save from Gaston but it was also lucky and somewhat bizarre that the ball didn't take any spin at all from hitting the post.

Naysmith should probably be commended for quickly adjusting his view to the evidence, given that the likes of Allan Johnston would have declared it several yards over the line and called for an investigation into the latest injustice to befall his rancid side. 

2 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Any reason why Naysmith wasn't interviewed after the game as is the norm?  Was he still viewing or upset about the non-goal or something else?

Be nice to see some highlights of the games on the Queens OS at some point. 

They were still trying to prise him off the linesman.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

f**k me you're making hard work of this. I'll try and make it as simple as possible.

- The Premier League love to show off their 'excellent' goal line technology at any opportunity. I've seen it used on MOTD when we could clearly see the ball hasn't crossed the line.

- A goal-line incident happened that day that was described as the closest the ball has been to crossing the line without actually being a goal, since the technology came in. An incident which is exactly why the GLT was brought in in the first place.

- On MOTD that evening I was fully expecting us to see said incident and for us to see just how accurate the GLT is. If a ball can be over by 96% and the technology picks up that it wasn't a goal then it's clearly working.

- We never saw the incident apart from one blocked camera angle. IMO the ball must have crossed the line, the GLT failed to work and rather than admit that, the FA (or whoever is in charge of it) chose to completely ignore the whole incident.

Can you give me an explanation as to why they wouldn't show us the footage if it had in fact worked?

I'm not arguing whether the technology worked or not, I'm simply saying that a ball 96% over the line is not a goal. If the technology failed then so be it however 96% of the ball over the line isn't a goal.

So you’re saying the technology done it’s job then? The WHOLE of the ball must cross the line, not 96% of it.

I'm not arguing whether the technology worked or not, I'm simply saying that a ball 96% over the line is not a goal. If the technology failed then so be it however 96% of the ball over the line isn't a goal.

You're initial response says different. No one has argued that 96% of the ball over the line is a goal. You're once again spectacularly missing the point.

Archived