Queens v Morton

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ach, it's not even close is it? Fair play to the officials, absolutely spot on. 

(I know colkitto has just posted a clip of this above but I couldn't see that on the app).

QOTS3746-ANIMATION.gif

I take it the "not even close" bit was in jest.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Slightly off topic but what's Oliver's fascination with us? When he was with us he was a decent enough player who never got a fair crack at it. But I can't recall him receiving any abuse from the fans when he was with us or when he's played against us. That's two games at Palmerston where he's scored against us and given it the whisper to our fans. If he'd received pelters I could understand it but we don't bother with him so I find it very strange. Does he celebrate like that all the time maybe?

I can certainly remember elements of our support booing him on his first return last season. Not noticed anything since that first game though.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I take it the "not even close" bit was in jest.

Yeah, its not in, but it couldnt really have been closer without actually being in.

Its a terrific save, though one he wouldnt have had to make if he hadnt been terribly positioned in the first place.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. I don't think it's even up for debate whether it crossed the line or not.

A ball that bounces on the line is, by definition, close to crossing it, especially in the context of it having travelled 50 yards.

The officials got it right, but to say it wasn't close to being a goal is utterly bonkers.

A ball that bounces on the line is, by definition, close to crossing it, especially in the context of it having travelled 50 yards.
The officials got it right, but to say it wasn't close to being a goal is utterly bonkers.

Yes but in the context of us being seething at the time and thinking it was a foot over, it's not even close.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Yes but in the context of us being seething at the time and thinking it was a foot over, it's not even close.

I never said it was a foot over the line. 

However, I'm still seething.  In fact, I'm still mad at the linesman and would continue to insult him if I saw him now. 

It was extremely close, but not in.

I never said it was a foot over the line. 
However, I'm still seething.  In fact, I'm still mad at the linesman and would continue to insult him if I saw him now. 
It was extremely close, but not in.

Not you specifically but it was said on here and I thought it was comfortably over as well.

It bounced on the line, given the reaction of our players and manager made me think it was over or if it wasn't then it at the very least most of the ball must have crossed the line. In actual fact it wasn't even close to being that difficult a call as I don't think any of the ball even crossed the line, let alone the majority of it.

The linesman got it absolutely spot on though. Why are you mad at him?

Save of the season candidate? To take the momentum out of the ball on the goal line to the extent that it drops on the line and then gather it having been in the net. Credit where it’s due we’ve been duped by Dobbie celebrations into thinking it was a clear goal when it’s clearly not.

Save of the season candidate? To take the momentum out of the ball on the goal line to the extent that it drops on the line and then gather it having been in the net. Credit where it’s due we’ve been duped by Dobbie celebrations into thinking it was a clear goal when it’s clearly not.

Cracking save. A big part of me is really glad it wasn't over the line. If that had went in it's a goal if the season contender. It would be sickening if it was over the line and hadn't counted.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Can we discuss what a fucking save that was? Stupendous goalkeeping.

It was a great save although at the time every Queens supporter thought it was in. How did Morton supporters feel at the time - great save/get out of jail. I don't think you can criticise the ref or the linesman for not being up with play as it was hit so early from the half way line. They can only give an a goal if they believe the ball has the crossed the line and clearly didn't believe it had. At the time we thought it was wrong but having seen the evidence, it's close so they couldn't give the goal. Good decision.

If it had of been  goal it would have been one of Dobbie's best 

Archived