Queens v Morton

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't believe neither official gave that. I'm not going to get into a seething mess until the replay confirms it but at first glance from my angle the ball actually hit the net emoji38.png

Take a bow the muppet who threw a coin at Dobbie as well.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont think it hit the net but its at least a foot over for me.  Awful from the officials.

There might be a stand that I've somehow never seen at Palmerston, but as far as I'm aware no home fans are anywhere near that goal and the vast majority of them are in the other half, which would explain how you've both massively misjudged that.

If it was over the line it was over by a matter of centimetres. Looked to me like Gaston just managed to keep it out.

Feel hard done by there. Thought we more than deserved the 3 points. Morton never offered much other than their wee spell when they scored. After their goal we took control again. Makes me wonder if Morton came out fighting or if we allowed them to control that spell.

Thought Dobbie could have played in Thomas but went alone and the keeper made a good stop. His second goal I'll need the highlights to clear it up. I was sure the net moved but it could have been the GK making contact. Either way I'll be astounded if the highlights don't show it was clearly in. Naysmith and Dobbie were both celebrating. Clearly that can't be used as any kind of proof but I doubt a manager or player would celebrate like that if they weren't sure it was a clear goal? If Naysmith saw it you have to wonder what the hell the linesman was looking at./If Naysmith has went running down to celebrate not being entirely sure the ball crossed the line then he's made a riproaring c**t of himself. - Delete as appropriate.

Would have taken a point but feel after today's game it was a case of two dropped.

On a side note, Morton fans are fucking hilarious. I can't recall the last time a group of supporters moaned about every decision; even when it was clearly the correct call. At one point Dobbie went passed two players (somehow) and had his shirt almost ripped off him. The foul was rightly given and after the shouting died down one dafty had a massive go at the linesman [emoji38]

Edited as it sounds like it's not went over :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Ok. Own up Morton fans. If it wasn’t a goal what hit the net?

Gaston falling backwards into it after he palmed it out.

To be clear I never noticed the net rippling, I was just looking at the ball after Gaston palmed it down hoping a Morton player would reach it first, but my best guess would be Gaston hitting the net since he'd sprinted and dived back, making contact with the ball when it was on the line.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

There might be a stand that I've somehow never seen at Palmerston, but as far as I'm aware no home fans are anywhere near that goal and the vast majority of them are in the other half, which would explain how you've both massively misjudged that.

If it was over the line it was over by a matter of centimetres. Looked to me like Gaston just managed to keep it out.

You are right. Stand corrected. Seen it now. Not over the line. Tremendous save actually. Apologies to the officials!

I was sat just over the half-way line, closer to the Morton goal than the QoS one. The old stand is higher than the new one as well so though they would be a wee bit further away they'll have a higher view.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thought Dobbie could have played in Thomas but went alone and the keeper made a good stop. His second goal I'll need the highlights to clear it up.

The highlights will clearly show it was not a goal.

Gaston falling backwards into it after he palmed it out.
To be clear I never noticed the net rippling, I was just looking at the ball after Gaston palmed it down hoping a Morton player would reach it first, but my best guess would be Gaston hitting the net since he'd sprinted and dived back, making contact with the ball when it was on the line.

I thought the net moved right enough so if it wasn't the ball that would explain it!

Anyway, even putting the goal incident aside we did get away with one there and I'm delighted to escape that game with a point. People joke about Jim Duffy's reluctance to make subs, but waiting until the 85th minute to change it when the midfield was being run ragged and Ross literally couldn't run was bizarre.

I don't know if the perceived injustice of not being awarded the goal from that Dobbie shot gave QoS an impetus to go out and win, but from then on it was a 20 minute siege where they relentlessly attacked and we just couldn't cope. Bizarrely when we did get possession in that spell we tried to relentlessly attack in the same way rather than slowing it down, as if we could put their defence on the ropes the same way. All it achieved was leaving us horribly exposed to counter attacks because we were breathing out our arses rather than giving us the same opportunities to win it, but regardless we've walked away with a point and that leaves us as favourites for the playoffs. The more I think about it the happier I am with that point.

Archived