Partick Thistle v Rangers 6/2/18

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

We are.
Are we the only team in the Premiership to not take points off them? Even Hamilton can beat them and at Ibrox no less.
We let utter shite like Jason Holt stroll about the park and no one bothers getting near him.

Not true. Thistle played well enough in the first half. Windass took his goal well and Connor Sammon was very unlucky not to score.

Ok second half was a stroll after a great strike from Tavernier 

Another night Sammon scores and it’s a totally different game

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true. Thistle played well enough in the first half. Windass took his goal well and Connor Sammon was very unlucky not to score.
Bollocks. If Sammon had scored we would still have got beat.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Bollocks. If Sammon had scored we would still have got beat.

The poi the is we played pretty well in the first half. Hit with a suckered punch goal. Then again you probably weren't there...

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Should be ahead here, I'm blaming Pizza Express for all the misses by Sammon.

We could either come out second half, keep control of the midfield and come back to either draw or win, or we can fall apart like a wet paper bag. Let's see...

Well that was grimly inevitable.

Did the second goal take a deflection? Had some dip on it if not. After that you could have stopped the game.

Subs seemed wrong again, Erskine was genuinely atrocious, I know he's supposedly carrying a knock but that was like the Erskine of 2009/10 when we'd just taken him from the juniors. Harsh on Penrice that the two games he's been thrown in for since he came back are Celtic and Rangers, reckon unless Booth is fit it'll be Dumbuya and McGinn on Saturday.

On the plus side I'm coming round to the idea of Storey out wide, I think it suits him more than through the middle, and also we don't have to play Rangers or Celtic again in the league this season which means by 2pm on Saturday we'll have finished our bed-shitting against them for the season.

19 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

We didn’t walk away during Save the Jags. Maybe if you’d done likewise you could have saved Rangers.

But you didn’t, and they died. Sad.

Nope you didn't and fair play to you. You came to Ibrox with your collection buckets and we dug deep to help you out.  Genuinely glad it worked out for you and your club.

Not sad at all. Rangers overspent and due to gross mismanagement they went bust and had to start again. Tough titties we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Which we are doing. 

Just for the record i didn't walk away but maybe i should have along with tens of thousands of others and we would have been rid of the shysters and crooks a long time ago. 

First half was 50/50 and we were unlucky to go in a goal down.

Second half was nauseating and pathetic. Bad decisions any time we had the ball, losing out on every second ball, and c***s standing around doing nothing while jobber Jason Holt strolled around like he was Iniesta.

Alan Archibald is a great manager for us and I'm not saying we should get rid of him, but we'll never beat Celtic or Rangers (or probably Aberdeen again) while he's in charge.

32 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

At first I read it as 38 points and thought it wasn't too bad. That is dismal.

It's getting harder and harder to drag myself to the games against those three, because they all seem to follow varying patterns where we ultimately end up going a goal or two down and start going through the motions without ever looking like battling back into it. For example every game at Ibrox we seem to huff and puff to create one or two half chances, then find ourselves 1 nil down and it becomes a complete stroll for them from then on. Even when we manage to get a break like when Biton was sent off at Parkhead or we go 1-0 up at Firhill through Lustig's error for Sammon's pen we contrive to shit the bed over the 90 mins. The Biton game was the worst, even worse than the shitshows with Garner or Dodoo, because we'd a header cleared off the line before that and then they got a ridiclous break off a shot from Commons that broke to Griffiths to win it in 88+ mins.

Wasn't going to go to the game on Saturday anyway seeing as its televised but I think its hit the point where I'll not bother my arse coming to Firhill to watch the games against Celtic or Rangers*. I can just about justify the Aberdeen games because we have at least beaten them in the last few years and managed a couple of creditable draws. Means that if the players manage to not collectively shit their wee pants against the big name badge on their opponents and hold on for a first win in umpteen years that I won't be there, but to be quite fucking honest I think it's more likely that I'll see us back playing in the 2nd tier than seeing a win against either of them.

Archie is terrific and we're great in crunch games against similar stature clubs, but he's never been able to find a way to get the players to hold on for a result against the bigger boys, with a Lyle Taylor inspired win against Aberdeen the exception that proves the rule. From watching pretty much every Firhill game against the pantomime rivals over the last few years, it's a pattern that's not going to change anytime soon.

edit: it's made all the more galling considering some of the results other sides have managed against them; St Johnstone, Dundee, Hamilton at Parkhead, Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke, off the top of my head...

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Thar she blows. Bah.

Were i a bettist id be lumping it on 3-0 now.

Kept it down to 2-0. Yay.

As a last note, Cummings looked a bit bog-standard tbh, not really anything special and looks miles away from the sharper performance level of Griffiths having seen both in a short spell of time at Firhill.

Archived