Falkirk vs Brechin

If Saints got over 4000 for a game against Brechin on a cold Tuesday night whilst in the bottom half of the Championship, I'd probably have more than one w**k when I got home. w**k away Bairns - you fully deserve it.

Very polite way of calling us wankers.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

surprised nobody else picked up on this. Fantastic crowd given the circumstances. I don't know how Falkirk do it but they are putting the likes of Saints to utter shame. Fair Play.

Under 12s have got in free at Falkirk for a few years. We're seeing the benefits of that now, some of the fair weather fans who came along for the play offs and cup final 2/3 seasons ago have stared to come more regularly as well. Our crowds have been brilliant considering the season we're having (Pars and St Mirren having similar seasons saw theirs plummet to the 2.5k mark) Hopefully next season Hartley can get it right on the park and our support continue to back the team 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Under 12s have got in free at Falkirk for a few years. We're seeing the benefits of that now, some of the fair weather fans who came along for the play offs and cup final 2/3 seasons ago have stared to come more regularly as well. Our crowds have been brilliant considering the season we're having (Pars and St Mirren having similar seasons saw theirs plummet to the 2.5k mark) Hopefully next season Hartley can get it right on the park and our support continue to back the team 

Keep in mind our away support gave you a big boost as well:whistle

Stop it there was at least 10 :thumsup2
I'm sure there was 50 odd Brechin fans at the game.

Got to be honest, I said to my mate on Tuesday night that is what you call real fans. To travel that distance on a freezing Tuesday night to watch your team who haven't won all season and have 4 points takes real commitment.

Well done to each and everyone of you[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think the Foundation are having an impact too. I'm sure I heard somewhere recently that they have over a thousand kids playing with them now, all wearing strips with an FFC badge on them.

I wouldn't know how many of those kids are growing up to be Falkirk fans, but when I looked at the folk on the terraces at Inverurie today, I recognised quite a few  of them from  various Foundation events. I also know parents who've have become FFC diehards since their children started playing with the Foundation youth teams.  And that's not taking into account the excellent work that Sarah does with the Junior Bairns.

You sometimes read complaints on the facebook pages that FFC put too much of their efforts into the community side of the club. And yet for me, those efforts are being vindicated when you look at how well our crowds are holding up. It's not the only reason our fanbase is so good but it's a large part of it.

And on the subject of fans, fair play to the young team today. I thought they atmosphere they created was excellent.

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think the Foundation are having an impact too. I'm sure I heard somewhere recently that they have over a thousand kids playing with them now, all wearing strips with an FFC badge on them.

I wouldn't know how many of those kids are growing up to be Falkirk fans, but when I looked at the folk on the terraces at Inverurie today, I recognised quite a few  of them from  various Foundation events. I also know parents who've have become FFC diehards since their children started playing with the Foundation youth teams.  And that's not taking into account the excellent work that Sarah does with the Junior Bairns.

You sometimes read complaints on the facebook pages that FFC put too much of their efforts into the community side of the club. And yet for me, those efforts are being vindicated when you look at how well our crowds are holding up. It's not the only reason our fanbase is so good but it's a large part of it.

And on the subject of fans, fair play to the young team today. I thought they atmosphere they created was excellent.

She was running the Junior Bairns when I was in it! I'm 32 now.... Staggering level of commitment. 

Archived