Falkirk vs Brechin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wisnae there and just makin' it up!
'They', not 'we'? Says it all.
Don't own any shares in them, only pay to be "entertained", that's why it's "they".
Oh, & it's wished I wisnae there.

13 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

BPM will be ragin but I’ve been willing him to score for weeks on end. Dellusional perhaps, but I still hold hope he can get back to what we know he can do.

I think he needs games to play through it now, the thing going against him playing week in and out is he has many similarities to Longridge in that he doesn't lead the line and likes to drop in to get the ball.

I can see jak and Longridge start on Saturday

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:
Given our next 3 games of Cove, Brechin and Dumbarton i will be amazed if we dont see more goals for Loy and Yak in that run.
Should make for an interesting  end to the season if all our forwards have goals and confidence behind them.

we just need to be a wee bit wary cove haven't lost in a year 

If we start the game on Saturday like the 2nd half last night and we will be in trouble.

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I thought the starting line up was ok . Although hacked off with only throwing Isaac on for last 5mins. I know he's hot or cold but worth a gamble

Given Issac's showing in the time he was on, I for one was pretty glad that's all he got. Looked a handful, direct and quick. Had our CH's looking quite uncomfortable I thought. 

I think the problem we had early second half was complacency and when we failed to take the game to them and they had their wee spell of pressure it meant that we were  more uncomfortable than we should ever have been.

We are not good enough to take even very bad teams for granted.

One of those nights where it could and should have been a four or five goal win but for a wee while dropping a point looked possible (though unlikely tbf).

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think he needs games to play through it now, the thing going against him playing week in and out is he has many similarities to Longridge in that he doesn't lead the line and likes to drop in to get the ball.

You can see the confidence isn't there with him, whatever it is that he is going through.

There was a shout aimed at him near the end from midway up the main stand when he was slow to move and he immediately reacted, mouthed something and looked rattled with/by it.

Its going to take him a while (if he ever gets back) to what we even saw of him in the opening game in Paisley.

You can see the confidence isn't there with him, whatever it is that he is going through.
There was a shout aimed at him near the end from midway up the main stand when he was slow to move and he immediately reacted, mouthed something and looked rattled with/by it.
Its going to take him a while (if he ever gets back) to what we even saw of him in the opening game in Paisley.
I thought he came across very well in the post match interview. we all hope he gets back to his best but it may take time and if that means rotating the strikers until/if he does then so be it

8 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Given Issac's showing in the time he was on, I for one was pretty glad that's all he got. Looked a handful, direct and quick. Had our CH's looking quite uncomfortable I thought. 

He looked a step up from who he replaced, hope Dodds keeps him benched for the next one.

Watching your team go into trianing mode and cruising to comfortable win isn't much fun. But that is the context of the second half. You might not like the attitude it portrays, I don't. But these are pro's. The reality of it is the players likely knew they had the measure of their opposite number and never felt in any danger, as a result they played within themselves. It was shite to watch but don't confuse it with us being/playing shite. It's not the same thing.

36 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
41 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

I thought he came across very well in the post match interview. we all hope he gets back to his best but it may take time and if that means rotating the strikers until/if he does then so be it

I thot he came across and looked pretty nervous in interview afterwards based on previous interviews

Loy trying on the park, scoring and being a bit nervy on the interview seems to me like indicators that he is starting to give a f**k again. If he has had mental issues, it wouldnt be an unusual symptom of it, or following it, to feel a bit embarrassed about how it has all played out. I know its a bit of a stretch and tbh, it is a wee bit crass talking about the boys mental state on here, but I do so because I think and hope maybe those are signs of him coming out the other side (If thats what it's been).

And f**k the arsehole in the main stand shouting at him. All the best Rory. Hopefully enough of a return to form to start against Morton next time and smash Gary Harkins in his fat pus. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Loy trying on the park, scoring and being a bit nervy on the interview seems to me like indicators that he is starting to give a f**k again. If he has had mental issues, it wouldnt be an unusual symptom of it, or following it, to feel a bit embarrassed about how it has all played out. I know its a bit of a stretch and tbh, it is a wee bit crass talking about the boys mental state on here, but I do so because I think and hope maybe those are signs of him coming out the other side (If thats what it's been).

And f**k the arsehole in the main stand shouting at him. All the best Rory. Hopefully enough of a return to form to start against Morton next time and smash Gary Harkins in his fat pus. 

:huh: Nah...

On 07/02/2018 at 05:51, Back Post Misses said:

Why will I be raging? He is a falkirk player, he scored and we won. Do you think the return he has given this season considering his alleged salary has been good enough? It certainly hasn't been for me. However if he bangs in a few between now and the end of the season I will be pleased we are now getting something like he return we are entitled to get.

Personally when Nelson is fit again here would be in front of Loy for me.

He’s obviously had some issues to deal with. Which I don’t believe were down to to his desire to do well for us. Yet you were going off on one about him being a wage thief.

I wouldn’t personally have applied that label to him as I don’t think he ever chose to to not try. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:06, bridge of allan bairn said:

4214 is a very good crowd for a freezing Tuesday night between two clubs 8th and 10th in the scottish championship

surprised nobody else picked up on this. Fantastic crowd given the circumstances. I don't know how Falkirk do it but they are putting the likes of Saints to utter shame. Fair Play.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

surprised nobody else picked up on this. Fantastic crowd given the circumstances. I don't know how Falkirk do it but they are putting the likes of Saints to utter shame. Fair Play.

If anybody does comment on our frankly quite remarkable crowds, they get pelters for indulging in a crowd-w**k.

54 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If anybody does comment on our frankly quite remarkable crowds, they get pelters for indulging in a crowd-w**k.

If Saints got over 4000 for a game against Brechin on a cold Tuesday night whilst in the bottom half of the Championship, I'd probably have more than one w**k when I got home. w**k away Bairns - you fully deserve it.

Archived