Falkirk vs Brechin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very, very comfortable win.

Really was like a training game at times, a bit more urgency and we could have run up a big score.

Three points no injuries job done.

The referee was just about as bad as it was possible to be considering he had no big decisions to make.

Going by their performance tonight Brechin need to be careful or they will find themselves in relegation trouble.

thought we played well enough second half and again impressed by jakubiak.

second half we were poor. guessing Hartley was keeping sibbald and jakubiak for future games.

in our last 8 league games we've won 5 drawn 1 and lost 2 which is decent however having watched us twice in four days we are a long way from the finished article

I thought we were quite poor considering we had the chance to put them to the sword and run out really convincing winners.

Some positives though: Loy's goal (thought he looked knackered 2nd half), Hazard coping well with his 1st outing, Jakubiak's enthusiasm and work-rate and Longridge scoring another good goal.

Jakubiak looks raw to me, often making the wrong decision, but at least he puts himself about and gets in amongst defenders. Thought the big keeper's kicking was good on the whole and looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Brechin though were extremely poor, easily the worst team in the league for me.

I thought we were quite poor considering we had the chance to put them to the sword and run out really convincing winners.
Some positives though: Loy's goal (thought he looked knackered 2nd half), Hazard coping well with his 1st outing, Jakubiak's enthusiasm and work-rate and Longridge scoring another good goal.
Jakubiak looks raw to me, often making the wrong decision, but at least he puts himself about and gets in amongst defenders. Thought the big keeper's kicking was good on the whole and looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Brechin though were extremely poor, easily the worst team in the league for me.

What ? Worse Than Utd [emoji32]

46 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Comfortable win for us. Can’t believe I witnessed Big Rory’s first goal back. Would bring a tear to a... I’ll not bother.

Wish we’d went for it a bit more but seemed quite happy to play in first gear with a 2 goal lead.

BPM will be ragin but I’ve been willing him to score for weeks on end. Dellusional perhaps, but I still hold hope he can get back to what we know he can do.

BPM will be ragin but I’ve been willing him to score for weeks on end. Dellusional perhaps, but I still hold hope he can get back to what we know he can do.

He still isn’t up to full pace for me. I don’t think he’ll ever be back to what he was. For now, I just hope he kicks on and scores a few more before the end of the season.

Happy with our team quite attacking .Where's Jacko ???

Typical happy wi shite,what the f**k is dale doing on the field he’s been poor all season had two of his worst games n on the park what a load of shite. Please don’t give anymore crap. Dods n Bailey not got a scooby

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Hazard

Muirhead
Watson
McGhee

Tumulity
McKee
Sibbald
Robson

Longridge
Loy

Jakubiak

Very pleasing to see Grant and in particular Thomson dropped. No too happy with McKee starting but let’s hope with something to prove he gives us something.

I’ve got to say I’m fully on board with Hartley going with 6 subs rather than chuck Alex Harris in there. Tremendous decision.

Harris obviously feeling the wrath from Hartley for not getting himself to feck in January.   

Guest Back Post Misses

Why will I be raging? He is a falkirk player, he scored and we won. Do you think the return he has given this season considering his alleged salary has been good enough? It certainly hasn't been for me. However if he bangs in a few between now and the end of the season I will be pleased we are now getting something like he return we are entitled to get.

Personally when Nelson is fit again here would be in front of Loy for me.

At times struggling to see who were the FT team.
Fairly lucky to be 1 up, our defensive frailties on show with BC hitting the post, we somehow conjured a 2nd before HT.
The second 45 was instantly forgettable, as we fannied about, to the point of looking like conceding a 2nd goal. Only Longridge's goal lifting the gloom in a simple move.
Anyone wondering how Sibbald is still with us, got their answer in his 70 mins last night. Another game where he should be running the show & he was completely anonymous.
Should they play like that on Sat, they will toil.
3 points, & move on.

Think you're being a bit harsh Kiddy, it wasn't great but I thought it was obvious that we took our foot off the gas when it went 2-0. We were all over them up to that point and scored again very quickly after Brechin got a goal back. 

The team selection reminded me a bit of the Scotland team Strachan put out at home to Gibraltar - too focused on attacking without proper regard for balance. The midfield could've done with an extra runner in there. With Longridge, Sibbald, Jakubiak and Loy we had four players who like to pick up the ball between the lines and it ended up getting a bit congested. I'd have three of that four on the park at any one time if we're staying 3-5-2.

It ended up being very comfortable though - Brechin are garbage. Jakubiak must be a nightmare to play against, he's like a boulder rolling down a hill. I'd like to see him show some more composure at times and take better care of the ball but you always get the impression that something could happen when he gets the ball. 

I would absolutely love it if things came good for Loy again, and quickly, it would be like another new signing. Dunno if he'll ever get back to what he was but maybe the next few games against supposed "easier" teams can get him some confidence back if Hartley keeps him in the starting 11.

Given our next 3 games of Cove, Brechin and Dumbarton i will be amazed if we dont see more goals for Loy and Yak in that run.

Should make for an interesting  end to the season if all our forwards have goals and confidence behind them.

Typical happy wi shite,what the f**k is dale doing on the field he’s been poor all season had two of his worst games n on the park what a load of shite. Please don’t give anymore crap. Dods n Bailey not got a scooby

I thought the starting line up was ok . Although hacked off with only throwing Isaac on for last 5mins. I know he's hot or cold but worth a gamble

Given our next 3 games of Cove, Brechin and Dumbarton i will be amazed if we dont see more goals for Loy and Yak in that run.
Should make for an interesting  end to the season if all our forwards have goals and confidence behind them.
we just need to be a wee bit wary cove haven't lost in a year and are at home in our last two fixtures away to Brechin and at home to Dumbarton we scored a total of 2 goals and didn't win either of the two games. appreciate we have improved somewhat since then however the ladt two games we have looked less than convincing. hopefully 6 points and a quarter final place though and things will be looking up for the final couple of months and round of fixtures

4 hours ago, kiddy said:

At times struggling to see who were the FT team.
Fairly lucky to be 1 up, our defensive frailties on show with BC hitting the post, we somehow conjured a 2nd before HT.
The second 45 was instantly forgettable, as we fannied about, to the point of looking like conceding a 2nd goal. Only Longridge's goal lifting the gloom in a simple move.
Anyone wondering how Sibbald is still with us, got their answer in his 70 mins last night. Another game where he should be running the show & he was completely anonymous.
Should they play like that on Sat, they will toil.
3 points, & move on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wisnae there and just makin' it up!

'They', not 'we'? Says it all.

Archived