Richard Leonard

Colkitto

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

No new leader bounce for Labour as they lose Penicuik by-election to the SNP.  Labour came 3rd behind the Tories  

If there was a “new leader bounce” effect for Labour they’d never have stopped governing Scotland at the rate they’ve  been replacing the useless, servile, dim-witted twats. 

Leonard is useless. He doesn't seem to know the first thing about devolution. Labour are in some state at the minute. Even down south Corbyn still can't take advantage of the Tories in disarray.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Leonard is useless. He doesn't seem to know the first thing about devolution. Labour are in some state at the minute. Even down south Corbyn still can't take advantage of the Tories in disarray.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s genuine ignorance and idiocy or if Leonard is just taking a “chuck enough shit at a wall” approach to his branch’s opposition. 

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I’m starting to wonder if it’s genuine ignorance and idiocy or if Leonard is just taking a “chuck enough shit at a wall” approach to his branch’s opposition. 

I think it's a backhanded compliment to the SNP. They can't touch them on the devolved matters (even after all this time in Government) and the strategy is to rely on getting titbits in the news that the electorate won't understand is beyond the scope of Holyrood. 

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Leonard and his team know perfectly well which issues are devolved and which are not.

His agenda here is to confuse matters. To try and pin whatever is happening in Westminster to the SNP. 

I also wouldn't trust the Seamus Milne's of this world as far as I could throw them when it comes to defending devolution.

It is a wild tactic though when the downside is making your leader look thick as f**k.

On 25/03/2018 at 11:23, invergowrie arab said:

Leonard and his team know perfectly well which issues are devolved and which are not.

His agenda here is to confuse matters. To try and pin whatever is happening in Westminster to the SNP. 

I also wouldn't trust the Seamus Milne's of this world as far as I could throw them when it comes to defending devolution.

It is a wild tactic though when the downside is making your leader look thick as f**k.

I hear people saying this a lot but then I kinda of think- maybe he’s just thick as f**k?

I mean Slab can’t even spell Keir fucking Hardie right, can we really be sure that this is some elaborate plot to confuse the electorate on devolved/reserved matters?

I doubt Leonard is so stupid that he doesn't know what's devolved and what isn't. I believe he's simply using the "fake news" tactic of throwing enough shite at a given situation, no matter how ridiculous and hoping enough of it sticks to resonate with a few voters. That said, I'm not even sure the eternally useless Dugdale was this poor at FMQs every week. 

Barring a miracle, Labour's North British accounting unit will be at Lib Dem levels of irrelevance within ten years, which will be thoroughly pleasing. McConnell and McLeish weren't exactly great shakes, but literally everyone who's led them since has been incrementally more useless. I genuinely don't know how they do it. 

Leonard knows that a lot of people will believe what he says regardless of how true it is, and regardless of if it's been made clear how untrue it is. Labour are absolutely entrenched in their attitude towards independence and therefore, the SNP. So their sock puppets up here being the way they are shouldn't be surprising.

If it is a tactic using questions to the FM about reserved matters week after week, then it's a bit of a shite tactic.

When he gets ridiculed at FMQ's it somehow doesn't seem to get reported on the TV news or the MSM in general.

Quite a lot of the electorate get their news from social media now. And he's a complete laughing stock on there.... 

If this planned subterfuge by Leonard and co, then it’s a fucking stupid plan. Almost more stupid than not knowing what is devolved or not. 

For those who watch FMQ’s, the multiple beamers he’s hit whilst he’s being served by Sturgeon suggests to me that he is a man far from comfortable in his position yet. 

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If it is a tactic using questions to the FM about reserved matters week after week, then it's a bit of a shite tactic.

When he gets ridiculed at FMQ's it somehow doesn't seem to get reported on the TV news or the MSM in general.

Quite a lot of the electorate get their news from social media now. And he's a complete laughing stock on there.... 

Just beat me to it. My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Londonwell

The problem is how many people care about FMQs? He's there to put down Holyrood and is essentially providing soundbites to that effect, and that's all he'll need. If it's once or twice I buy the other argument. But it's a consistent plan.

Since you bring up social media, you must surely see the number of people on there who dismiss everything they don't want to believe? There's a very large number of people like that. 

I'd say that the main problem is that THOSE people don't care about the devolved parliament enough for it to be effective. But since he's a puppet, he'll do as he's told. Corbyn has already shown complete ignorance of Scotland so is this being a plan really that outrageous?

Scottish Labour have a real problem attracting people of talent.  The sort of ‘leaders’ we have seen of late will be the standard that we can expect for the foreseeable future.

Not necessarily the best thing in a representative democracy.

Shite, irrelevant branch offices get the caretakers that they deserve. Their core electorate are free to switch their vote to parties with more competent leaders.. 

The greatest threat to representative democracy in Scotland over decades has been the donkey in a red rosette voting behaviour of hundreds of thousand of thick, Labour-voting c***s. Thankfully they're no longer even a plurality of the vote and so their tiny brains are going to back a losing and dwindling force. 

5 hours ago, Londonwell said:

If this planned subterfuge by Leonard and co, then it’s a fucking stupid plan. Almost more stupid than not knowing what is devolved or not. 

For those who watch FMQ’s, the multiple beamers he’s hit whilst he’s being served by Sturgeon suggests to me that he is a man far from comfortable in his position yet. 

Can’t it be both? Yes, it’s a tactic, and yes, it’s an utterly shite one.

That’s Slab. Even their schemes are fucking inept beyond belief. Is this really a shocker?