Richard Leonard

Colkitto

I saw Leonard speak in person the other week and he was very very intent to try and get across that he understood devolution and address the whole Scottish Water blunder.

He doesn't really have the same baggage previous leaders have had and I think he could be a reasonable canvass to do better (almost by default) with a little bit of competence added. His backroom team seem ridiculously amatuer though. Lesley Brennan as chief of staff and then the same failures reshuffled in the cabinet doesn't scream intelligence. Maybe, he'll get a wee purge going a year or so in.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I saw Leonard speak in person the other week and he was very very intent to try and get across that he understood devolution and address the whole Scottish Water blunder.

He doesn't really have the same baggage previous leaders have had and I think he could be a reasonable canvass to do better (almost by default) with a little bit of competence added. His backroom team seem ridiculously amatuer though. Lesley Brennan as chief of staff and then the same failures reshuffled in the cabinet doesn't scream intelligence. Maybe, he'll get a wee purge going a year or so in.

Yeah and I'm very keen to get across I'm a multi millionaire with a full head of hair.  Except I'm not.   He doesn't understand devolution (iwatched a ppb  a fortnight ago where he was talking about zero hours contract - employment law is not devolved,  largely thanks to  labour btw) and did not know Scottish water is public.

Nah. He's a dick

BiFab....

It seems that renewables* contracts go out for competitive tender and they go abroad.

(paraphrasing).....

Scottish jobs for Scottish workers

Gordon Brown didn't get away with this sort of nonsense and unless he is advocating for a hard brexit, neither should Leonard.

*what's so unique about renewables in the context of trade?

Is he hinting that we re-open Longannet?

Edited by sophia
HiFab BiFab

BiFab....
It seems that renewables* contracts go out for competitive tender and they go abroad.
(paraphrasing).....
Scottish jobs for Scottish workers
Gordon Brown didn't get away with this sort of nonsense and unless he is advocating for a hard brexit, neither should Leonard.

*what's so unique about renewables in the context of trade?
Is he hinting that we re-open Longannet?

The national grid exorbitant access charges for their Scottish region shut longannet, so will Leonard mitigate this?

• 1 month later...

I watched a documentary with my students last week called The Holyrood Files about the building of the Scottish Parliament, and the politics that surrounded it. SLab had Donald Dewar, Henry McLeish and Jack McConnell. Watching it, I just thought "Jesus, these guys used to be quite good". What the hell happened to them? 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I watched a documentary with my students last week called The Holyrood Files about the building of the Scottish Parliament, and the politics that surrounded it. SLab had Donald Dewar, Henry McLeish and Jack McConnell. Watching it, I just thought "Jesus, these guys used to be quite good". What the hell happened to them? 

It’s called ‘false memory syndrome’.

Well Dewar died, McLeish had a think tank and McConnell converted to Buddhism

Not sure where to put this but as this thread is vaguely Scottish Labour I guess it makes the most sense:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-43491894

The other accuser made a number of claims including that Mr Dempster "chased me around his shop with an air freshener saying I smelled of curry".

Not to worry, some diversity training will fix that right up.

Leonard spent his FMQs moaning about employment contracts on Network Rail despite the fact that it's reserved.  Useless clown.
Saw that on the BBC. I quite enjoyed his awkward shuffling in his seat as the FM deployed the Telt Cannon in typical fashion.

Has he reached Dugdale levels of shite yet?

Saw that on the BBC. I quite enjoyed his awkward shuffling in his seat as the FM deployed the Telt Cannon in typical fashion.

Has he reached Dugdale levels of shite yet?

Yes he has, and is on the way to being the biggest joke of a leader that the English labour party in Scotland has ever had, and the bar was set really low anyway.

His face when it turned out that the FM had actually looked into the question from  the previous week was brilliant in the FMQ piece on the BBC :) Being able to think on your rhetorical feet is surely an utterly basic part of being a politician - but he was practically mouthing the words "oh f**k". There is a long shot during his question that showed Kezia Dugdale slumped in her seat up the back and Ian Gray drinking his water like it was straight vodka - if those two think you're doing badly, it's not looking good.

Given that his researchers will know fine well what is devolved and what is reserved, I am assuming that he is just taking Corbyn/Unite lines and running with them regardless - as they will still get on the news and in the press.

Edited by Swello