Peterhead Vs Montrose

We stifled Peterhead yesterday and then brought on a bit of pace with CJ and got what proved to be the winner.  Peterhead didn’t really test Flem in the goal however always a worry with the likes of McAllister, Gibson etc in their team.   

As was said Rory does make you laugh as he constantly has wee digs at players and when he gets it back his dummy well and truly gets spat out

Guest TOPFITTER
2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Willie Gibson going mental at McLean for being a 'lazy c*nt' was a highlight (and he wasn't wrong).

Billy Big Time is a liability, the manager has given him more chances than he deserves. Playing Rusty from the start means you are playing with 10 men and they have one giving them the ball whenever he receives it, that allied to having the shortest jump I have seen from a big lad does Peterhead no favours at all.

There was plenty of graft yesterday but the only team who looked up for it were Montrose, after 20 minutes pretty much new a draw was the best the Blue Toon could hope for. Congratulations to the Mo for a professional performance, given your consistency the title has more than likely got your name written on it.

Having said all that Dillon didn't even have to use any of his "Black Arts" that's how impotent Peterhead were !!!!

Will Peterhead now splash the cash on loan players wages? they need to !

41 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Billy Big Time is a liability, the manager has given him more chances than he deserves. Playing Rusty from the start means you are playing with 10 men and they have one giving them the ball whenever he receives it, that allied to having the shortest jump I have seen from a big lad does Peterhead no favours at all.

Aye Gibson's mouth has got him into a bit of bother lately so not sure if that is frustration or something else. McLean does have potential but there is a lot for him to learn and he needs to work harder to win the fans over as they were really on his back yesterday.

I thought your left back had a decent game looks a good player.How has McCracken been for you guys I thought he would have dealt with templeman a lot better than he did yesterday.

On 2/4/2018 at 09:06, mo83 said:

Rory McAlister is a class act no doubt about it but was great to get one over him and his ripped shirt at the end summed his day up....delightful

Apparently his wee boy is seriously ill in the hospital in Edinburgh, not sure what he is ill with but hopefully he makes a recovery.

No doubt this has been why he has been off form the last couple of weeks and frustrated, but does make me wonder if he should be playing at all. 

“Billy Big Time”? Is that McLean you’re referring to? That’s a bizarre label for a young boy just finding his feet in first team football. What does your sentence “and they have one giving them the ball whenever he receives it” actually mean?
At the risk of an argument, I would have to say that easily Gibson is the one I would regard as BBT. (This may annoy you Topfitter as you constantly big him up). Only in the last 6 or so matches has Gibson come into a game. From the start of the season he was utter gash. Couldn’t complete a pass, lost the ball too easily, but when it came to criticism I could see he didn’t take it too well. Can’t recall which match but McCracken gave him pelters but Gibson turned it around trying to blame those around him. It’s evident he likes to give, but can’t take.
Criticism of team mates should be given in the dressing room, or constructive if it really does have to be on the pitch. “Lazy cont” doesn’t really serve a purpose. It’s unprofessional to do it in front of the fans and the opposition who sniff a weakness in a team.
I would agree that Mclean needs to give more but there are certainly others who need a boot up the arse. McAllister is by far the laziest player and that’s not just recently in light of his family troubles.
Anyway, who are we to criticise? How many on here have playing experience to offer proper criticism?
Let’s get behind the team. There’s a long way to go.

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Apparently his wee boy is seriously ill in the hospital in Edinburgh, not sure what he is ill with but hopefully he makes a recovery.

No doubt this has been why he has been off form the last couple of weeks and frustrated, but does make me wonder if he should be playing at all. 

Was back in Aberdeen sick kids on Friday.  A very bad case of pneumonia and had spent a couple of weeks down in Edinburgh, but thankfully he is on the mend.  Fair play to Rory who was working, training and battering up and down the road to spend time with him.

To big a player for you guys and I understand he was offered time away, however had his wife's blessing to keep playing.

2 hours ago, HootsMon said:
17 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:
Anyway, who are we to criticise? How many on here have playing experience to offer proper criticism?

What an absolutely ridiculous point to make. One branded about by football players and/or relations of players whenever they receive criticism.

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Have Peterhead done a highlights video for this match? I can't find one online anywhere..

There was definitely a film guy there on Saturday. 

Presume they're on the way but guess they'll be really short if biased towards the home team.

6 hours ago, mo83 said:

Highlights are now up....For a Montrose point of view all it shows is the goal and the rest is peterhead attacks......Pretty poor stuff.

IIRC that was pretty much your only shot on goal the entire game, there really weren't many Montrose highlights. 

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

IIRC that was pretty much your only shot on goal the entire game, there really weren't many Montrose highlights. 

Thanks for that helpful insight. As undeserving poor we will just have to be content with the three points.

Archived