Scotland name squad

Lol.  Our third choice for the last ten plus years varied between marshall and McGregor, both of whom have loads of caps.  Do you people know anything about football lol.

I didn't think I'd have to explain this... but I wasn't being entirely serious when I suggested that we employ somebody who is proficient in making balloon animals as a goalkeeper.

Just so you know.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Mate, he literally couldn't get a game for Dundee and they've loaned him to anyone who wants him. Celtic have their number 1 out injured, their sub keeper looks about as reliable as a chocolate watch and their youth keeper is out on loan. If Craig Gordon was fit they wouldn't have been anywhere near Scott Bain, just like Scott Bain should be nowhere near Scotland.

Lol he was first choice.  You don't know what you're talking about.  Stop replying to me.  On ignore.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I didn't think I'd have to explain this... but I wasn't being entirely serious when I suggested that we employ somebody who is proficient in making balloon animals as a goalkeeper.

Just so you know.

You were when you said the third choice doesn't play.  They do.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol he was first choice.  You don't know what you're talking about.  Stop replying to me.  On ignore.

You replied to my post you complete wallaper :lol: if you don't want a discussion don't enter one.

Flouting around this forum telling folk to stop having opinions as if you're Kenny Dalgleish, give yourself peace.

Don't really understand why people are replying to Supras. Giving him exactly what he wants. Anyone with half a brain knows that Scott Bain has been shite for the past 2 and a half seasons (Lot of that is down to his attitude) and whilst he has the talent to knuckle down and potentially make a squad in the future, there are plenty more deserving than him.

Goalkeeper: Archer (Milwall),Gordon (Celtic), Bain (Celtic with Loan Dundee)

Defender Souttar (Hearts) Lindsay (Barnsley) McCroise (Rangers) Tierney (Celtic) Hendry (Celtic) Robertson (Liverpool) Douglasg (Wolves) Bryan (Bristol City) O'Donnell(Kilmarnock)  Brandon (Hearts) 

Midfielder Paterson (Bristol City) Cochran (Hearts) Fleck (Sheff Utd) McGinn (Hibs) Shinnie (Aberdeen)McLean (Aberdeen) McGeouch (Hibs) Christie (Aberdeen with Loan Celtic)

Striker Cummings (Rangers with Loan Nott Forrest) Griffith (Celtic) McBurnie (Barnsley with loan Swansea City), Shaw (Hibs) Brophy (Kilmarnock)

Some good players not in the squad above -  Adam Murphy Martin Rhodes Berra Shinnie McLean Cooper Jack Anya Martin Wallace Bannan Morrison Burke Cadden Kingsley Henderson Ralston Gauld Mallan Naismith Morgan McGregor  Brown - basically another squad.

That’s 58 players and I’ve probably missed quite a few. Plus we should expect 3 or 4 unexpected players to come through and potentially a few players who might change allegiance like targett Gallagher, Adam, Caulker ,Gunn. 

Scott Bain isn't even the third best Scottish keeper in the league. 

McLaughlin deserves a call up, he's easily outperformed Craig Gordon this season. 

Scott McKenna is someone I don't rate, but get him starting beside Liam Lindsay. Tin fucking hat on here, but I'd be giving Jason Naismith a chance at right back, he's the best Scottish right back in the league, and Callum Paterson is playing far more advanced now. 

Might be a minter of a team, but I reckon we need to at least attempt to give players a chance at some point. 

Archer

Naismith - Lindsay - McKenna - Tierney 

Forrest - Cairney - McLean - Fraser

Armstrong

Griffiths

Looks sort of half shite and half interesting written out, tbh. 

Defender Souttar (Hearts) Lindsay (Barnsley) McCroise (Rangers) Tierney (Celtic) Hendry (Celtic) Robertson (Liverpool) Douglasg (Wolves) Bryan (Bristol City) O'Donnell(Kilmarnock)  Brandon (Hearts) 

Midfielder Paterson (Bristol City) Cochran (Hearts) Fleck (Sheff Utd) McGinn (Hibs) Shinnie (Aberdeen)McLean (Aberdeen) McGeouch (Hibs) Christie (Aberdeen with Loan Celtic)

Striker Cummings (Rangers with Loan Nott Forrest) Griffith (Celtic) McBurnie (Barnsley with loan Swansea City), Shaw (Hibs) Brophy (Kilmarnock)

Some good players not in the squad above -  Adam Murphy Martin Rhodes Berra Shinnie McLean Cooper Jack Anya Martin Wallace Bannan Morrison Burke Cadden Kingsley Henderson Ralston Gauld Mallan Naismith Morgan McGregor  Brown - basically another squad.

That’s 58 players and I’ve probably missed quite a few. Plus we should expect 3 or 4 unexpected players to come through and potentially a few players who might change allegiance like targett Gallagher, Adam, Caulker ,Gunn. 

Dunno what's worse, the actual squad or the players you've left out that you're classing as good players.

3 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

I've not heard of a Sevconian called McCroise.

Scott Bain isn't even the third best Scottish keeper in the league. 
McLaughlin deserves a call up, he's easily outperformed Craig Gordon this season. 
Scott McKenna is someone I don't rate, but get him starting beside Liam Lindsay. Tin fucking hat on here, but I'd be giving Jason Naismith a chance at right back, he's the best Scottish right back in the league, and Callum Paterson is playing far more advanced now. 
Might be a minter of a team, but I reckon we need to at least attempt to give players a chance at some point. 
Archer
Naismith - Lindsay - McKenna - Tierney 
Forrest - Cairney - McLean - Fraser
Armstrong
Griffiths
Looks sort of half shite and half interesting written out, tbh. 

I think you're half right!!!
It is shite!!![emoji6]

GK - Archer, McLaughlin, Clark

DF - Paterson, Palmer, Lindsay, Souttar, Hanley, Mulgrew, Berra, Robertson, Tierney

MF - McGregor, Christie, Shinnie, McGinn, Fleck, McArthur, Cairney, Ritchie, Forrest, Phillips,  Fraser

ST - Griffiths, McBurnie

I'd go for something like this, not sure about any injuries etc...If it was upto me I'd be getting rid of anyone over the age of 28 and starting again but to be fair to the likes of McArthur, Mulgrew* and Phillips they are playing regularly in the premier league so i'd be prepared to give them another go but we can't go into another campaign with the likes of Brown, the fletchers etc..again. 

If a squad similar to that above can't compete with the likes of Hungary and Costa Rica then theres no hope anyway and all of this doesn't really matter.

* Not premier league but having the season of his life

2 hours ago, ajm11591 said:

GK - Archer, McLaughlin, Clark

DF - Paterson, Palmer, Lindsay, Souttar, Hanley, Mulgrew, Berra, Robertson, Tierney

MF - McGregor, Christie, Shinnie, McGinn, Fleck, McArthur, Cairney, Ritchie, Forrest, Phillips,  Fraser

ST - Griffiths, McBurnie

I'd go for something like this, not sure about any injuries etc...If it was upto me I'd be getting rid of anyone over the age of 28 and starting again but to be fair to the likes of McArthur, Mulgrew* and Phillips they are playing regularly in the premier league so i'd be prepared to give them another go but we can't go into another campaign with the likes of Brown, the fletchers etc..again. 

If a squad similar to that above can't compete with the likes of Hungary and Costa Rica then theres no hope anyway and all of this doesn't really matter.

* Not premier league but having the season of his life

So a post saying that we should cast aside most of the more experienced players, bringing in completely untried ones, and then at the same time saying that if they don't win, there's no hope.

At least you're not putting any pressure on them.

Archived