Scotland name squad

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Every time I’ve seen Hibs this season McGeouch has looked the better player - only a year and a bit older.

Also - nice to have a manager that actually attends games.

They are both very different, both played well tonight but I thought Mcginn was immense 

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

I wouldn't select him right now anyway. The likes of Lindsay and Souttar have been playing consistently at a decent enough level for past few years where as Hendry was floating between league 1 and 2 teams on loan down south before this season.

Wtf would you care since you want the Scotland team shut down.  Fk off.

Mcgeouch set for the call apparently. Not sure tbh - isn't he a low-rent Barry Bannan? Then again I haven't really watched him much so can't really criticize if he does get called up.

He’s Hibs best player. Who he replaces, I don’t know. But I hope it’s not a nod to the populist bent of Malky’s squad.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s Hibs best player. Who he replaces, I don’t know. But I hope it’s not a nod to the populist bent of Malky’s squad.

He’s not better than McGinn.

decent player but better options out there

He’s not better than McGinn.
decent player but better options out there

That was my initial reaction too, but as I say I haven't watched Hibs closely enough to be sure I'm not being swayed by the McGinn media love-in.

Mcgeouch set for the call apparently. Not sure tbh - isn't he a low-rent Barry Bannan? Then again I haven't really watched him much so can't really criticize if he does get called up.

For me hes a slightly better build and plays a bit deeper than Bannan. Worth seeing how he gets on at international level for me. You can get ones like Kenny Maclean who look good in the SPFL but turn out nowhere near good enough at international level or then Mcginn who looks like he might cut it, only one way to find out.

13 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

midfield of McTominay, McGeouch and McGinn would be quite promising imo

That's much too defensive.  The only one of those three who gets forward is McGinn, and Hibs have looked better balanced since they signed a proper attacking midfielder (Allan) and moved McGinn into a deeper role.

McTominay, McGinn and a more attacking player (Callum McGregor?) as the CAM would be a better balance.

Archived