Scotland name squad

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goalkeepers

McGregor, Archer, McLaughlin

Defenders

Robertson, Tierney, Mulgrew, Lindsay, Berra, McKenna, Souttar, Paterson, Ralston

Midfielders

McArthur, McTominay, Fletcher, McGinn, Armstrong, Cairney, McGregor

Attackers

Fraser, Forrest, Phillips, Snodgrass, Griffiths, McBurnie

Ralston wouldn't be an official call up, i'd have him moved up from the u21s though to train with the first team squad as I think he is the future at Right Back. I would also put in Sam Gallagher as a 3rd central striking option if he opts to play for us

What's the source suggesting Lindsay will be left out?

Can only assume it's because Eck wants to introduce no more than a few new players to each position at a time. McKenna and Souttar both good options. 

Personally, I'd call in a really big pool for this first squad - including Lindsay and possibly Hendry (tho he's still finding his feet at Celtic by the looks of it)

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Disappointing if Lindsay isn't called up.  McKenna isn't much faster.

Unlikely, as according to his team mate Arnason in the paper this morning, McKenna is the fastest player in the Aberdeen team.

3 minutes ago, woof! said:

Would totally agree, they already knocked back 750 grand, if he's that quick with his other attributes he could go very very far very quickly.

I was also surprised when Rodgers said Tierney was the fastest player at Celtic. Souttar, Hendry and McRorie are quick too, so things are looking up. It could allow us to set up an extra 10 yards up the pitch instead of the usual backs to the wall stuff.

McBurnie scores again tonight. Paterson too in the same game. Both stick ons surely

ETA shiteballs - just saw Paterson has been taken off injured
RB is a pain in the arse

Was going to say both are musts, but Paterson has been playing in midfield. Tom Cairney getting raved about also.

Just now, Paco said:

Paterson is not a right back. People need to get that out of their heads.

Its perhaps not his best position but given the lack of right backs it is certainly an option for him to play there. Same can be said for Tierney. 

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's played most of his career at right-back - just because he's currently having a good run in a different position doesn't suddenly mean he's not one.

He is a right back, just an utterly terrible one who looked completely devoid of any awareness how to play the position during prior caps.   

Playing him at RB would be repeating a mistake. 

Archived