Manchester

ayrshire_nomad

It's been a few years since I lived down in Manchester but there's some good pub down by Deansgate Locks.....agree with the Northern Quarter though. Some decent pub on Oxford Street towards the University too.

For eating, there's a good Korean restaurant down a side street off Deansgate next to Kendals Dept Store........very nice.

Deansgate is good for nightlife as well, highly recommended.

I’d also suggest getting up to Arndale shopping centre for an afternoon if you get the chance, plenty of shops.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Printworks isn't bad but a bit "plastic" - I'd go for Deansgate and around that area.  

Print works is just a load of generic chain theme pubs and casual dining restaurants. It wouldn't be my first choice, unless you're looking to pull some drunk hen night type burds. There was one of those ice bars last time I was there but I'm not sure if it's still there now.

If your looking for shops then I'd also recommend the Northern Quarter. Oi Polloi and Piccadilly Records are worth a visit.

The bit at Piccadilly Gardens is a awash with the type of person who would steal your bank card as you lay dying. Cairn Garden hotel is dirtier than a Turkish prison. But you're still not far from the good parts detailed above. The National Football museum is well worth a visit.

Just back from Manchester. Went to a good pub called Port St Beer House and an Indian food / craft beer place called Bundobust on Piccaddilly Gardens for food.

Found this in my photos! Barman in Bundobust scribbled me a list of his favourite pubs...

(It's out of focus reflecting the state of the camera operator at the time!)

20180202_161937.jpg

Archived