Terry Waters

peasy23

Everyone at Petershill is deeply shocked to hear of the sudden passing this morning of our physio Terry Waters. He joined us in 2010 from Rutherglen Glencairn as part of Scott Smith and Willie Paterson's backroom team. He had been physio at the Glens for 15 years prior to moving to Petershill Park.

He will be hugely missed by everyone at Petershill, but our immediate thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, family and friends.

20170611_155213 (2).jpg

Very sad news. I was talking to him just a couple of weeks ago at our match v Peasy.

Everybody at Glencairn sends their thoughts to Terry's family and friends, he was at our club for a long time and it was always good to see him when he returned with Peasy.

He will be sadly missed.

Just to add my own personal thoughts, it's absolutely heart-breaking news for everyone at the club, but that pales into insignificance compared to the loss that will be felt by his family. I can hardly recall ever seeing Terry without a smile on his face. An absolute gem of a guy who will be very sadly missed by all who knew him.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Just to add my own personal thoughts, it's absolutely heart-breaking news for everyone at the club, but that pales into insignificance compared to the loss that will be felt by his family. I can hardly recall ever seeing Terry without a smile on his face. An absolute gem of a guy who will be very sadly missed by all who knew him.

Like you, I am stunned. First came across Terry when he was at Glencairn, and then I met

him many times when the backroom staff and many of the squad moved to Peasy.

I dont rememner him missing many training sessions - only when he was on holiday -

amd you are spot on, "he always had a smile on his face." Terry was a gentleman through

and through. All of our thoughts and prayers at this time are with his family and friends.

R.I.P. Terry.

We have lost a friend and a great football man, Terry was an excellent keeper and played for Cumbernauld for a couple of seasons in the late seventies, that said he did fancy himself as a bit of a centre forward at training. A few of our committee were his team mates for many years throughout his playing career and we have many fond memories of these great days. Our thoughts are with his family and everyone at Petershill.

A true Junior football guy gone. Had more than a few sideline "discussions" with him, that got heated, but always ended up at full time with a big hug and a smile , and a chat walking back to the dressing room. He will be missed by many.

Archived