Regan Resigns

Rugster

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Has he cited his embarrassing failure to push through an agenda that was fundamentally bad for Scottish football, having been given an absolute TELT by the fans as one of his reasons?

Will his resignation result in Scottish society descending into something resembling the hunger games?

Good riddance, incompetent w**k.

He's said very little. He "recognises the need for change" and despite "fighting head winds" he's happy that he "oversaw growth in the game". I'm glad he's gonwe, but really he's just the figurehead for the wanks that still exist. I doubt this will bring any sort of substantial change to our game, other than giving us someone else to tell to f**k off for the next decade.

I'm going to hold back on celebrating this news until I see what replaces him. Given that many on the SFA board backed having Malky Mackay as manager and see Scot Gemmill as a good replacement, then it might not be the best news ever.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'll hold back celebrations for now.  In all likelihood we'll appoint some other fucking nobody without a clue.

It's in the very nature of the time we live, that an equally incompetent, inconsequential  dud will be dug out of Lawell's memory to fill the post. Probably the Commercial Director of Walthamstow Avenue or CEO of Ludo Scotland.

Incidentally - while the retrospective focus will fall on the national team and Rangers' liquidation, plus current issues like the future of Hampden and sponsors deals, there is another question from early in his reign: the referee strike.

What did he really tell foreign FAs that saw them offering refs to us, only for many to pull out or fly straight home again? At the time, it was effectively "buried".

Incidentally - while the retrospective focus will fall on the national team and Rangers' liquidation, plus current issues like the future of Hampden and sponsors deals, there is another question from early in his reign: the referee strike.

What did he really tell foreign FAs that saw them offering refs to us, only for many to pull out or fly straight home again? At the time, it was effectively "buried".

Presumably along the lines of a (one way) exchange trip only for the decent ones to about turn when they realised they were being brought in as scab labour.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

One set of referees had been told it was an exchange programme. The Polish ones IIRC. 

Archived