Forfar v Airdrieunitedonians

23 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I get the Higgins question. I actually get why you’d ask about Muir not being on the bench. Why would you ask if he’s “left already” though?

It was a bit tounge in cheek, I'll try and be a bit more serious in future.

Moving on how did the new Brown play, anyone?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Chris O'Neill was excellent yesterday. Great engine up and down the wing and solid defensively. Seemed to relish being back in the Diamond.

f**k knows whats going on at Brechin if they can afford to let him go, glad they did though.

5 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Thought Chris O'Neill was excellent yesterday. Great engine up and down the wing and solid defensively. Seemed to relish being back in the Diamond.

f**k knows whats going on at Brechin if they can afford to let him go, glad they did though.

Which side / who'd he replace?

3 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Jamie Bain or Paul Jonquin!

Paul Jonquin all day long.......could have gone on to much bigger things than Airdrie but  chose to stay because he loved playing for the club and had a good job at either Glasgow or Strathclyde University. There was interest from Rangers and a few English clubs.

6 hours ago, Nipper said:

Paul Jonquin all day long.......could have gone on to much bigger things than Airdrie but  chose to stay because he loved playing for the club and had a good job at either Glasgow or Strathclyde University. There was interest from Rangers and a few English clubs.

Aye ,not a bad first 6names on teamsheet ,McKenzie,Jonquin,Keenan ,Goodwin,Black,Whiteford,

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye ,not a bad first 6names on teamsheet ,McKenzie,Jonquin,Keenan ,Goodwin,Black,Whiteford,

That half back line was the best in Scotland.

I shudder to think how much they would have been worth in today's market.

That half back line was the best in Scotland.
I shudder to think how much they would have been worth in today's market.

Enlighten some of the slightly younger generatio please. What’s a half back line.

The Forfar goalie was excellent

Punting the ball long to Stewart made sense when he was up against Bain although you have to admire Bain for competing and winning a few in the air

At first, thought our newbies were getting to know each other with 2 players going for the same ball. Settled down and all of them played well, which is encouraging.

McDonald in central defence seemed to work, but doubt it will become a fixture.

Carrick is impressive and Duffy too does a lot of work.

To be honest I am still trying to work out what is the best position for Stewart ,I know he is captain and puts in a shift ,Bain won a lot in the air against him ,I think the other teams  know what to expect now ,one trick pony as they would say.

Archived