Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup 5th Round, 10/02/2018

Elixir

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2018 at 19:19, Heart of Northern said:

Took up the £75 hospitality option. Not a bad deal.
My Dad, my best mate and his brother.
I'm 50 and my dad used to take us to Tynie when we were about 8..
First time he'll see the new stand etc
So givin all that we'll probably get papped out!

Samesies. A bit annoying that it starts an hour later, but I merely see it as a challenge.

For Saints I'd go this team. Shaughnessy RB means even if Hearts stifle any creativity we have, we will have a threat from the long throw-In on a tight park. Gordon, Anderson, Kerr, Davidson and Johnstone can all hopefully bring an aerial threat, and give a bit of presence at the back to nullify the Hearts long ball game.  Gordon is also a talker and we need leaders out there.

Foster only ahead of Comrie as he's possibly more comfortable on the left, but I'm equally happy for Comrie to start. 

Whatever we think of Craig Levein, he's all about getting results. His team's have always pulled jerseys, dived, talked to refs, try to get folk sent off and do whatever it takes to get a win.  We have to match that, and go beyond this weekend. We have to bite, kick, scratch, surround the ref and appeal for everything, and do whatever it takes to get a win.  Dive for a penalty, punch the ball in with a hand.. whatever it takes to get through.

A win here would be a massive boost, and something to build confidence for the rest of the season. I've dropped Tanser and Alston because I don't think they're prepared to roll their sleeves up and tear a heart right out of the chest of one of these Edinburgh muppets, and we have no time for passengers right now.

Hopefully a big Saints support, let's get right behind the team.

Oh, and finally, f**k Hearts. 

Thanks

(Paton cheering us on from behind the goal, obviously)

IMG_0624.JPG

Archived