Morton v Dunfermline - 03/02/18

About the offside - doesn't really help much, given the box isn't perfectly straight...
Either way, he looks just about offside for my money, but really could've gone either way.
 5a77272adf283_ScreenShot2018-02-04at15_30_14.thumb.png.24c209b0e5187b9f3ebc68148086615b.png

When we’re taking a still shot of the offside call and still can’t decide whether he’s on or off, it’s hard to give the officials a hard time even *if* he is on. Tbf the linesman on that side actually had a decent game, can’t think of many calls he seemed to have got wrong.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DA Baracus said:

Is Morris the new scapegoat? I thought it was Clark?

I'd have them down as our two best players usually, big fan of Morris, thought he played alright yesterday. 

Can't blame the linesman for that even if it is onside, tight call. 

Apart from taking about three hours to decide if one of our players was offside before finally putting his flag up. :lol: 

It’s frustrating but it doesn’t matter how long it takes for him to put the flag up.

Apart from taking about three hours to decide if one of our players was offside before finally putting his flag up. [emoji38] 
Think it was the ref who gave that. The whistle seemed to go around the same time as, if not before the flag went up. Not uncommon with our teams of officials.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

It’s frustrating but it doesn’t matter how long it takes for him to put the flag up.

I think the most frustrating thing was that we could all see the Morton player was offside and waiting for the flag to go up, but the longer he waits the more you think he’s going to play on - then the flag goes up.

giphy.gif

I didn't even see Robinson the 1st time I (half) watched that. You simply don't think a keeper would be in that position, never mind wipe out his Center half after.

Played 6 games

Falkirk- good game, made a couple of good saves, one of our best players on the day.

Dumbarton- had nothing to do

United- did ok with what he had to do, some unnecessary barging into strikers that he's being doing for far too long and could see him booked and give away a penalty

Morton X1 should have been sent off, possibly could have done better with the 2nd

St mirren- could have done better, more unnecessary barging, acting like a toddler in front of management, ignoring instructions and needing sent back into his own half by our youngest player.

Morton x2 the clip shows him at his worst.

You could probably pick any 6 game period from his career and we'd get a similar story. And he's still earning money as a professional footballer,.

You can understand how someone like higgy has got away with erratic form and anger issues as with a creative player you can afford to sub them off if there heads not in the game or you can chuck them as a sub and hope that that match is one they turn up to grab you an equaliser or winner. With a keeper tho ? I have absolutely no idea how they are worth having around.

32 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Was he the one who had the cracking header cleared off his own line? That was one O'Ware would have been proud of.

and the same guy who passed straight to Morton and let you score when we were 2-0 up and cruising

Morris made a couple of errors yesterday, but generally I was actually really quite impressed by him. He was playing up against Oliver for the most part, and totally bossed him about.  Oliver got next to nothing out of him. Looks like a good player if he could cut out the errors.

Similar to the Cup game just 15 days ago, I felt it was a very even match. 

I thought Morton started better, but, we got a good goal through Beadling and then seemed to be happy to hit on the counter attack. 

After Tidser equalised, I felt the Ton ended the first-half strongly and had probably been the better team. 

In the second-half, I felt we were a lot more creative and in command with Morton being the team to try hit quickly. 

Gaston made another great save from a Clark header while we missed a few good chances as well. 

Morton did have efforts at goal, including one cleared off the line, but I never felt as if a goal against was necessarily coming. 

However, what a shambles the winner was. I felt Morris' recovery pace had done enough to shut off immediate danger but Robinson bumping into him was just amateurish and embarrassing. Credit to McHugh fit closing down Morris and making the most of the mixup and Oliver stayed composed too, but, it was self inflicted and potentially season ending. 

With Livingston now 6 points ahead and Morton into 4th place - and both having games in hand - then I think we need to click right back into gear and go on a run asap. 

Jim Duffy, interestingly, saw it the other way round and felt Dunfermline were the better of the two teams in the opening 45 and Morton were more like themselves in the second half... I suppose that's why we all love football; everyone sees it differently!

All the Best to Morton for the rest of the season. On current form, you should be more than good enough to reach the playoffs and compete in them. 

I didn't think it was possible for a team to look as much of a clown-car outfit as Ayr United do in their routine humiliations at Cappielow, but Dunfermline really are giving them a run for their money now. The gift that keeps on giving. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

Morris made a couple of errors yesterday, but generally I was actually really quite impressed by him. He was playing up against Oliver for the most part, and totally bossed him about.  Oliver got next to nothing out of him. Looks like a good player if he could cut out the errors.

He can't thought, that's why he isnt.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

giphy.gif

Hilarious misfortune happening to a vile human being; Scottish football's version of the Steven Gerrard slip at Anfield. What a terrible, wee shame for him. 

Spoiler

Nah not really.

1504376545341.thumb.jpg.ee6417b841e7f73426021dd52b609d98.jpg

Hilarious misfortune happening to a vile human being; Scottish football's version of the Steven Gerrard slip at Anfield. What a terrible, wee shame for him. 

Spoiler  
Nah not really.
1504376545341.thumb.jpg.ee6417b841e7f73426021dd52b609d98.jpg

It could have been argued gerrard was unlucky with his slip. But given Robertson had fucked up like this with consistently over his career i don't think luck has anything to do with it

Archived