Morton v Dunfermline - 03/02/18

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

Gavin you really need to get over it. You had a shit season last time but now you're having a great season and will end up with a league winner's medal and will get to play in the Premiership again.

No idea why you're still so massively bitter and why you hold such a massive grudge

Mr Reilly perchance? 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lots seem to think Ton were nearly worth the win which surprises me.

This was not the team who has won well recently and Dunfermline were in my opinion the better side today but lacked that magic ingredient composure.

Well done Bob when all seemed lost he popped in to take advantage of Robinsons mistake and showed real composure with a slid rule pass to Oliver who delivered.

A good three points.

And sorry but at least this time I might give some credence to AJ saying we wos robed. 

Well lots seem to think Ton were nearly worth the win which surprises me.
This was not the team who has won well recently and Dunfermline were in my opinion the better side today but lacked that magic ingredient composure.
Well done Bob when all seemed lost he popped in to take advantage of Robinsons mistake and showed real composure with a slid rule pass to Oliver who delivered.
A good three points.
And sorry but at least this time I might give some credence to AJ saying we wos robed. 

Were they f**k.
It was an even game, both teams could’ve won it, we did.

We're shite, quite possibly the least surprising last minute goal ever.

We were never winning that.

I said the same thing from about 75 minutes onwards; we were never winning that. We barely got 3 players within 30 yards of their goal in the last 10 minutes, and didn’t have the energy for a quick breakaway goal.

I've hated him since that away game at Airdrie a few years ago. Total c**t.

Can’t think that game you’re meaning here.
What did Morris do wrong today?

Didn’t have the worst game of his life but he lacked any sort of composure, we do seem to be much more organised when Ashcroft plays.
Anyone got the match ball out the Stand gutter yet?

I’ve made a point of looking out for that ball on my next visit (provided we’re in the same league). There was one stuck up in the Main Stand at EEP for years.

Absolutely pish result and AJ's jacket is on a real shoogly peg. Another defeat and poor performance at Livi and I can't see any reason other than finance for keeping him.

Not making any subs at all is embarrassing as well.

Morton aren't great but they get results when they're not at their best - something we rarely if ever do.

What did Morris do wrong today?
Played a blind passback that nearly played a Morton boy in. Got outjumped by his man at almost every set piece - the one time he didn't, he nearly scored an own goal and would have but Nicky Clark heading it off the line. Gave away lots of free kicks in stupid areas by being too obvious with the use of his hands (including, IIRC, for the first Morton goal). Caught sleeping and too high up the pitch for the second goal, not helped by Robinson rushing out for no reason of course, then the two of them collided while McHugh squared it to Oliver. Out of the whole back four, I'd only give big Jock M'voto pass marks, and then then not by much. Williamson was poor defensively and didn't get forward much and Talbot was off it again too. Not good.

Both sides looked very iffy in defence which at least made for some entertainment. Felt Dunfermline settled far earlier than we did. Shambles of a goal to lose and in truth we never got going until we equalised. Was funny to see Robinson in a hurry all of a sudden at 1-1 having previously tied around 40 knots in his laces at 0-1. I didn't think Clark was offside when he scored that cracker.  At half time I actually said to my dad that we should take Oliver off as he was getting nothing from the high balls played to him with M'voto marking so closely.  Kudos to the Pars fans for managing to get Oliver flagged offside when the linesman clearly wasn't going to do it. 

Putting McHugh on and moving Tiffoney wide swung it for us. We had runners on both wings and looked more likely.  Robinson having a rush of blood made McHugh's job easier and he did well to look up and pick out Oliver (first decent ball to feet he'd had all game) rather than trying a shot. If we're going to win with a keeper error like that I'd prefer it was Robinson. Or Clangers. 

The referee, it almost goes without saying, was terrible.

Archived