Morton v Dunfermline - 03/02/18

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anywhere decent locally that will show the rugby beforehand? 

Try taking the train to Wemyss Bay and placing yourself in the sea, which is where you belong for wanting to watch a ridiculous event like egg-chasing on a Saturday afternoon. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it might have been a 1.30 kick off but it seems to be starting at 2.15 so it would probably be easier to get to Cappilow early and watch the first half on my phone. I have half a mind to give the game a swerve and just watch the rugby in the pub but on the off chance that AJ tries something different I probably should go through to Greenock.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thought it might have been a 1.30 kick off but it seems to be starting at 2.15 so it would probably be easier to get to Cappilow early and watch the first half on my phone. I have half a mind to give the game a swerve and just watch the rugby in the pub but on the off chance that AJ tries something different I probably should go through to Greenock.

Watch the whole rugby game then head in to Cappielow in time to see Quitongo waddle off the bench and score his inevitable 112th minute winner.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

At least the Cowshed knows who we can direct our abuse towards tomorrow.

A big game for both clubs. I think Morton have to enter into this one as favourites. 

The Ton are on a very impressive recent run of form while also getting the better of us this season so there's no reason to doubt Jim Duffy's side won't be up to the task again in this one. 

Quitongo is apparently struggling with a throat infection and tonsilltis, which means he will start and run us ragged! :lol:

For Dunfermline, it'll be intriguing to see how we line up with our newly-signed midfield trio in contention. 

Personally, I think we need to try something new and 3-5-2 looks the best option to me, but, AJ may just stick to the tried and tested 4-4-2. 

It's good to hear Paton and Shiels are both back training after their injuries picked up against St Mirren while Conner Duthie and Scott Lochhead returning from their loan spell at Forfar gives us more flexibility and depth.

If I was manger, I'd go:

Robinson

Ashcroft; M'Voto; Morris

Williamson; Craigen; Wedderburn; Vincent; Armstrong

McManus; Clark

Subs:

Gill; Aird; Talbot; Shiels; Beadling; Cardle; Ryan

Prediction: 1-1 (McManus to score for us. O'Ware to grab a point for the hosts). 

Archived