Cove Rangers V Falkirk

Gaz FFC

Hard to judge just how good he is but he’s scored 38 for them already this season.
He was at the heart of everything today.
Not sure of his willingness to move but I am surprised that Brechin have not tried to sign him given their challenges this season.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hard to judge just how good he is but he’s scored 38 for them already this season.

He was at the heart of everything.

Not sure of his willingness to move but I am surprised that Brechin have not tried to sign him given their challenges this season.

Is there a chance he is like Rory McCallister and has a good job in the North of Scotland ?

Is there a chance he is like Rory McCallister and has a good job in the North of Scotland ?

Yep, probably, but Brechin would not be an impossible commute if he’s based in Aberdeen.
I hear one of the Brora players playing today lives in Orkney and travels over for games, so Aberdeen to Brechin pales in comparison.
Tbh, he may actually be good enough for a full time Championship side.

I've sobered up a bit now and re-watched the highlights so I feel I am in a position to comment on the football.

Whilst it was a tiny cowfield of a pitch, we really played right into Cove's hands and would've lost to any side in the draw this weekend not named Cove or Brora. The midfield selection was all wrong, McGhee seemed to be playing alongside Kidd? He offered nothing and we really missed someone (Taiwo) putting their foot on the ball. The game was essentially even with the exception of the two minutes after half time when Cove went to sleep twice.

Cove looked mid-level League Two to me, and Megginson gave us all sorts of problems. His finish for the Cove goal was superb.

Phenomenal away day, drank in three different places in Inverurie and they were all decent with everyone there being really welcoming. The police presence was just about the most OTT thing I've ever seen but I wouldn't blame anyone for that.

The Taiwo song is the best of the bunch of the new ones. I'll be singing it for weeks.

48 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

I know there is a great deal of suspicion in Scottish Cup draws, but this would be the biggest one yet if they manage to pull off Morton v Morton.

Morton could contrive to somehow not end up in the hat following the tie. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Pitch was a massive leveller for me. The length of the pitch was so short with players shooting from halfway down the hill.

Once we were 3-1 it was a no contest. First half they battled away but I never felt we under any threat 2nd after the two quick goals.

Best for us was the Jak and Taiwo’s introduction closed it out for us. Great pass from Loy for the 3rd and the decision to book him at the end was a joke. We were behind the goals and he was flattened.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Great pass from Loy for the 3rd and the decision to book him at the end was a joke. We were behind the goals and he was flattened.

He was clearly tripped, but you're right about the booking. It was a stonewall penalty.

Ach well, if these things even out then we're guaranteed at least one penalty at Ibrox, right?

penalty not given .jpg

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Wrong thread mate, I think Cove Rangers are a longer established club than the newbie one you support...

Six happy years mate, anyway I'll pop off to the correct sevco-falkirk thread now.

Archived