Cove Rangers V Falkirk

Gaz FFC

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost midfield battle, narrow pitch which probably makes a back four more suitable.
Humping high balls to jak and Loy doesn't help
stats not great they are on top. megginson mentioned many times on bbc and Twitter feeds no mention of our strikers? as someone says narrow pitch and losing midfield might be better with a 4 4 2 ? second half with slope and fitness and above tweak might help? they'll be starting to believe now...

Aye, can also see why only Brechin have conceded more goals than us. Only real glimmer of hope is that Cove have punched themselves out by half time, and run out of steam in the second half. We then either nick it, or bring them back to TFS.

Hartley’s list of “good guy” players must be shrinking game by game. Looks like both defence and midfield need to be scrapped, and wholesale changes made for next season. Half time a welcome break.

Presumably this lot are part time? Expect them to give it a real go but hopefully we can outlast them and get on top second half. I do hope none of our fans went up there expecting an easy ride here!!!

Obviously they’re part time!

If you get beat atleast you’ll have got a day out in Inverurie, best ever away day I’ve had up there in the Scottish.

Aye, can also see why only Brechin have conceded more goals than us. Only real glimmer of hope is that Cove have punched themselves out by half time, and run out of steam in the second half. We then either nick it, or bring them back to TFS.
Hartley’s list of “good guy” players must be shrinking game by game. Looks like both defence and midfield need to be scrapped, and wholesale changes made for next season. Half time a welcome break.

I’d think the slope may work in our favour plus I’d hope they will tire but we could easily be a couple of goals down. Everything is coming through Megginson so if we can shut him down we should get the ascendancy. Problem is Watson and Muirhead are not the answer.
We also are second to every ball so I hope Hartley gives it the hairdryer treatment...

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Obviously they’re part time!

If you get beat atleast you’ll have got a day out in Inverurie, best ever away day I’ve had up there in the Scottish.

I'm not in Inverurie,, so it's really all about the win.

really irritates me that. no big men up front. lightweight midfield too. sounds yet again like tactics need changed now to stronger 442 get taiwo on before we go behind

Yep but we also need to play the ball on the ground which ain’t easy on this park

Really, really grim stuff so far. Aside from the goal we’ve offered very little.

Watson and Muirhead as a partnership are fucking dreadful. Sold the goal and just constant hoof balls up to nae c**t. GTF. Louis and McGhee playing at either end of the diamond and giving the ball away anytime it comes to them.

We should be getting the banks early into the corner for the Jak to chase. I’d be getting Nelson on up front alongside him.

Archived