Cove Rangers V Falkirk

Gaz FFC

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work 500 yards from Harlaw Park and I wouldn't be surprised if its off.  Absolutely fucking freezing and clear skies. That said, don't know if they have some kind of covers on.

Also apparently a fair amount of tickets unsold as of last night for home end.

Hope it's on, nice wee ground and a decent down for a piss up - plenty of pubs.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've just seen an interview with Mitch Megginson on Twitter, and it says he's scored 37 already this season. Any HL guys know where I can find the player stats from this season? 

I actually thot he was decent when he played against us, I notice his faither also played for Cove

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I actually thot he was decent when he played against us, I notice his faither also played for Cove

I was a huge fan of Mitch when he was at the Rock. He suffered from Ian Murray ditching the expansive tactics and playing miserable football, and then deciding he was a wing-back...I'd imagine he'll be an absolute standout in the Highland League. Especially up front.

You'll be lucky to find such stats I think.

Whilst an impressive stat, there are quite a few spin off tournaments from the HL.

That said, Megginson looked good enough for Championship football 2 years ago.

BBC: Cove are trying to become the first Highland League side ever to reach the Sixth Round

Though correct, strictly speaking, there has only been a Sixth Round since 2007-08 (plus an elimination tie in 1885-86).

Elgin reached QFs in 1967-68, and were the last non-leaguers to do so.

7 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Would be much funnier if it passed the 8.30am inspection then got postponed around 1430.

I suspect the opposite :

Bedtime weather report from Locos-land = a fine view of the stars on a clear night means the frost is already into the soil here. I've just been up to the ground where the grass verge outside is solid. 

I'll try to get up early to give a morning report, in case it clouds over and has warmed up by then. But I suspect that if they have to call it as it is at 08:30 it will be declared Off. ...only then for it to warm up during the day and actually be playable at 1430.

Depends if the inspector is willing to take a punt on matters improving, or whether he has to make a definitive decision from how he finds it at 08:30.    

Guest Back Post Misses
06:30 - a cold wind has brought in clouds, which have delivered a dusting of snow onto the still-frozen ground. I'd say this isn't happening...

Stop it

Archived