Cove Rangers V Falkirk

Gaz FFC

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/2/2018 at 00:34, LeedsPhil said:

I live in Inverurie.

1) At the ground. Locos has an active social club open throughout the week. The bar has been allocated to Falkirk fans, with the lounge room for Cove. 

2) Edwards, on the roundabout in the town centre. Multiple TVs showing the lunchtime game. But no real ale nowadays. A meat market later on, it even has a separate nightclub upstairs.

3) Wetherspoons - The Gordon Highlander. Other end of West High Street. Best place for real ale, but will be a kindergarten pre-match - packed with families eating cheaply. TV silently on a news channel won't be showing sport.

4) Black Bull, up North Street from the 'spoons. Darts is king here. The only other place in town with real ale. Seems like a way out of the centre, but is actually close to the ground - nip down the side street and you come out right by it.

All-ticket, each club getting a specific allocation. Falkirk have been given the biggest part of the ground - the side closest to the town centre, all standing stepped terracing, mostly covered. Cove have got the smaller far side - just flat standing and a narrow seated stand. As of Wednesday, Falkirk have sold 600 with more left. Cove have been selling them in the local pub in Cove, at their sponsor's offices in Aberdeen, and will start sales in Inverurie 7pm to 8pm on Thursday night in the Locos' social club.

If it's Off (my garden is frozen solid now) try again will be on Tuesday night.

Thanks for this. Will Falkirk fans be behind both goals as well? 

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thanks for this. Will Falkirk fans be behind both goals as well? 

I haven't seen any definitive statement but I expect Falkirk to have the railway end of the ground and Cove the social club end.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pitch inspection 2pm today

Oh dear. 

Today's weather and overnight forecast in Inverurie appear better than they were last Friday. Given that last Saturday's game at Harlaw went ahead I'm still optimistic.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

The pessimist in me thinks this will be off, otherwise why call the inspection so early?

Falkirk tweeted this morning there was no planned inspection and all was looking good, then an hour or so later they tweeted again that after a further update from Cove there was an inspection. Dunno what changed.

I am surprised by a 2pm Friday inspection! What's the point of that? As per Northboy's windscreen, my lawn in Inverurie was crusty this (Friday) morning, but nothing that wouldn't be OK by 2pm. We have had no rain to speak of these past days, so it can't be soggy. So the pitch will surely pass a Friday 2pm inspection. But the key issue is how hard the frost may or may not be TONIGHT, especially with it then expected to be sleeted upon and rained upon Saturday daytime, so nowhere to drain away to if solid first thing, something that cannot be ascertained at 2pm on a Friday afternoon!

Even if declared OK this afternoon, there'll be a need to take a further look at it in the morning. If no hard frost, this one will surely go ahead.

I am surprised by a 2pm Friday inspection! What's the point of that? As per Northboy's windscreen, my lawn in Inverurie was crusty this (Friday) morning, but nothing that wouldn't be OK by 2pm. We have had no rain to speak of these past days, so it can't be soggy. So the pitch will surely pass a Friday 2pm inspection. But the key issue is how hard the frost may or may not be TONIGHT, especially with it then expected to be sleeted upon and rained upon Saturday daytime, so nowhere to drain away to if solid first thing, something that cannot be ascertained at 2pm on a Friday afternoon!
Even if declared OK this afternoon, there'll be a need to take a further look at it in the morning. If no hard frost, this one will surely go ahead.

I think there is also heavy rain expected throughout tomorrow so perhaps a waterlogged pitch tomorrow will be a greater concern..

Get the fucking sand buckets out..... Thanks for all the updates from Inverurie guys, I feel like i'm getting a shipping forecast. 

Bloody hoping this is on tomorrow, I've stupidly booked flights out of the country on Tuesday. I was at the ground for the friendly a few years ago, lovely place. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Falkirk tweeted this morning there was no planned inspection and all was looking good, then an hour or so later they tweeted again that after a further update from Cove there was an inspection. Dunno what changed.

This is the same team who took 3 days to tell us where they were playing the fixture and then picked the same ground they mostly play in.

Nothing this lot does is surprising me anymore.

All that's left is for the ref at 2 to tell us it's still on and their will be a further inspection tomorrow early doors

Guest Back Post Misses
How would anyone at Falkirk be in a position to make a call on a pitch 140 miles away, two days before the game? 

Maybe they were told that by Cove?

Archived