Cove Rangers V Falkirk

Gaz FFC

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been eyeing up Falkirk win & over 2.5 goals @ 13/10.

Given that Rangers only beat Fraserburgh 3-0 and Cove are significantly better why do we think those are good odds...

Edited to say that on Bet365 the most favoured correct score is 1-1....

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:12, Disco Duck said:

pre/post-match boozer recommendations please?

I live in Inverurie.

1) At the ground. Locos has an active social club open throughout the week. The bar has been allocated to Falkirk fans, with the lounge room for Cove. 

2) Edwards, on the roundabout in the town centre. Multiple TVs showing the lunchtime game. But no real ale nowadays. A meat market later on, it even has a separate nightclub upstairs.

3) Wetherspoons - The Gordon Highlander. Other end of West High Street. Best place for real ale, but will be a kindergarten pre-match - packed with families eating cheaply. TV silently on a news channel won't be showing sport.

4) Black Bull, up North Street from the 'spoons. Darts is king here. The only other place in town with real ale. Seems like a way out of the centre, but is actually close to the ground - nip down the side street and you come out right by it.

All-ticket, each club getting a specific allocation. Falkirk have been given the biggest part of the ground - the side closest to the town centre, all standing stepped terracing, mostly covered. Cove have got the smaller far side - just flat standing and a narrow seated stand. As of Wednesday, Falkirk have sold 600 with more left. Cove have been selling them in the local pub in Cove, at their sponsor's offices in Aberdeen, and will start sales in Inverurie 7pm to 8pm on Thursday night in the Locos' social club.

If it's Off (my garden is frozen solid now) try again will be on Tuesday night.

7 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

I live in Inverurie.

1) At the ground. Locos has an active social club open throughout the week. The bar has been allocated to Falkirk fans, with the lounge room for Cove. 

2) Edwards, on the roundabout in the town centre. Multiple TVs showing the lunchtime game. But no real ale nowadays. A meat market later on, it even has a separate nightclub upstairs.

3) Wetherspoons - The Gordon Highlander. Other end of West High Street. Best place for real ale, but will be a kindergarten pre-match - packed with families eating cheaply. TV silently on a news channel won't be showing sport.

4) Black Bull, up North Street from the 'spoons. Darts is king here. The only other place in town with real ale. Seems like a way out of the centre, but is actually close to the ground - nip down the side street and you come out right by it.

All-ticket, each club getting a specific allocation. Falkirk have been given the biggest part of the ground - the side closest to the town centre, all standing stepped terracing, mostly covered. Cove have got the smaller far side - just flat standing and a narrow seated stand. As of Wednesday, Falkirk have sold 600 with more left. Cove have been selling them in the local pub in Cove, at their sponsor's offices in Aberdeen, and will start sales in Inverurie 7pm to 8pm on Thursday night in the Locos' social club.

Much appreciated sir.  I’m guessing you’re not a fan of Spoons!  Black Bull was my likely thought.  Won’t have much time before the game but a few hours after for beers and some food somewhere.

better not be off, train tickets are non-refundable and I can’t do Tuesday - it’s a long trip just to sit in the pub then head home...

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Given that Rangers only beat Fraserburgh 3-0 and Cove are significantly better why do we think those are good odds...

Edited to say that on Bet365 the most favoured correct score is 1-1....

Rangers made numerous changes and played the match in 2nd gear. Not sure how that's relevant tbh.

Our scorelines against lesser opposition this season have been: Stirling 4-1, Forfar 4-0, Brechin 3-0, 1-1 & 3-1. I won't be going heavy on this (as I don't on any Scottish football), but that's worth adding to a coupon IMO.

I live in Inverurie.

Parking?

4 hours ago, S Robbo FFC said:

Parking?

Not an issue.

The ground is on a wide artery road heading out of the town centre. Parking available on both sides and beyond the ground it's just business-park premises so not parking outside anybody's house. If you're just going straight to the game so not bothering with the town centre some route-finders will send you round the outer road and in from that far end anyway.  

The buses will park immediately along the side of the ground allocated to Falkirk fans, on the road that separates Locos' ground from the next-door wire-fence-enclosed football ground. That one is home to North Juniors side Colony Park but they're away on Saturday. Their Aberdeenshire Amateurs Div.2 East side have got a home league fixture on it with a 2pm KO.

My lawn was still frozen when I left for work this (Thursday) morning...

Not an issue.
The ground is on a wide artery road heading out of the town centre. Parking available on both sides and beyond the ground it's just business-park premises so not parking outside anybody's house. If you're just going straight to the game so not bothering with the town centre some route-finders will send you round the outer road and in from that far end anyway.  
The buses will park immediately along the side of the ground allocated to Falkirk fans, on the road that separates Locos' ground from the next-door wire-fence-enclosed football ground. That one is home to North Juniors side Colony Park but they're away on Saturday. Their Aberdeenshire Amateurs Div.2 East side have got a home league fixture on it with a 2pm KO.
My lawn was still frozen when I left for work this (Thursday) morning...

No USH then.....[emoji5]

Milder during Thursday. My lawn will take a stud now.

But overnight into Saturday is forecast to drop to -2, then sleet in the morning before warming up but rain all day. Hopefully they've got some covers to put down / it's not a jobsworth who does any Saturday morning inspection...

5 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’d actually greet if this game is off.

Given I left for Inverness in December knowing it was already off because I had a Hotel and trains booked I've already  suffered that disappointment this season.

And yes I have a hotel booked for this game too so here we go again.

Given I left for Inverness in December knowing it was already off because I had a Hotel and trains booked I've already  suffered that disappointment this season.
And yes I have a hotel booked for this game too so here we go again.

Yep, tricky one. I have just cancelled my hotel to avoid a cancellation charge and decided to travel up and back same day.
Just hope it’s worth it."?.

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep, tricky one. I have just cancelled my hotel to avoid a cancellation charge and decided to travel up and back same day.
Just hope it’s worth it."?.

With Inverness we felt when we booked it the game would ruin the weekend so in a way we were relieved it was off.

This though is entirely different and I'm really buzzing for the match. I will go up midweek for the rearranged match but it won't be the same as Saturday afternoon and nearly 1000 Bairns fans.

Guest Back Post Misses
Milder during Thursday. My lawn will take a stud now.
But overnight into Saturday is forecast to drop to -2, then sleet in the morning before warming up but rain all day. Hopefully they've got some covers to put down / it's not a jobsworth who does any Saturday morning inspection...

I spoke to someone at a Falkirk yesterday and they are confident it will be on. Clearly Friday night temps the key now.

Archived