The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Still don't know what you are on about. What has NKS got to do with "my money" ?

Oh you haven't donated to their fine cause? Fair enough, being local to and as vociferous in your disdain for this project, I'd have thought you'd have donated hunners. 

12 hours ago, resk said:

It's fkin north east Scotland, not Siberia. And I say that as an opponent of the Kingsford scheme.

It's pretty funny really, the straw grasping going on. Nevertheless the only differences in the two locations is the less fog & wind you'll get at Kingsford being away from the coast, and the marginal difference in lying snow. 

For a shower of W.A.N.K.S. intent on quoting "planning" on everything, I'm not sure exactly what weather has to do with it? 

3 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Oh you haven't donated to their fine cause? Fair enough, being local to and as vociferous in your disdain for this project, I'd have thought you'd have donated hunners. 

I've no connection with NKS just think it's  stupid  place to build a  stadium. I'm sure you are aware that there are plenty Dons fans who think the same. 

What bugs me most is the reason for moving out of the city which has absolutely nothing to do with fitba.  But let's not start that again.

This won't be a good move for AFC.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I've no connection with NKS just think it's  stupid  place to build a  stadium. I'm sure you are aware that there are plenty Dons fans who think the same. 

What bugs me most is the reason for moving out of the city which has absolutely nothing to do with fitba.  But let's not start that again.

This won't be a good move for AFC.

You can donate to this fine cause without being on the board, that's how it works

36 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

It's pretty funny really, the straw grasping going on. Nevertheless the only differences in the two locations is the less fog & wind you'll get at Kingsford being away from the coast, and the marginal difference in lying snow. 

For a shower of W.A.N.K.S. intent on quoting "planning" on everything, I'm not sure exactly what weather has to do with it? 

And ice and rain and wind.  Staggering that there's no indoor facility, if it wasn't Aberdeen I simply wouldn't believe that.

Its always seemed strange not to have any indoor pitches in the initial design, but given how obvious a requirement it is I assume its been intentionally omitted for one of 2 reasons - Cost or to simplify in some way the planning permissions.

Cost seems unlikely to be the reason given the overall level of cost/funding for the proposal as a whole, and the already committed level of support for the training facilities. I wouldn't expect cost of building a hangar to be prohibitive. So I assume its  an attempt to smooth out the planning process a bit and negate some of the complaints about eyesores in greenbelt land. i.e. big ugly barn for indoor training is uglier than an outdoor pitch.

Think it highly likely it will be addressed very quickly as a phase 2 requirement.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Exactly, where the weather makes it impossible to train properly about 30% of the season.  It's absolutely essential to have indoor training facilities.

Probably just throw up one of those hot air tents over an existing pitch. Seems to do the job in a lot of places.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Maybe, seems a bit tinpot when you're spending fifty million though

Would tend to agree but I guess they just want to get the thing built first under any circumstances and then probably try and add that later.

On 09/02/2018 at 14:37, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Take a big pinch of salt with £50 million. Wonder who would build it and what the profit margin would be.

Hope it’s a bit more substantial than the usual Milne boxes.

:lol: SMG don't build stadiums you utterly boring walloper

On 2/10/2018 at 20:11, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Says the biggest bore on Dons threads. They don't build houses either do they?

i really don't know if you are bored again or that naive.

They don't build stadiums, that's a fact, you DO understand that? Tell me yes, please say that after talking so "authoritively" through hundreds of pages here, you understand SMG are not stadium builders, never have been.