The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

7 hours ago, strichener said:

Who owns this land and how much did they pay for it?

That's for you to answer, you're the one who brought it up.

7 hours ago, strichener said:

My criticism regarding the site would have been the same if Aberdeen had to borrow £100m or were promised the stadium for free.  It has absolutely nothing to do with cost and everything to do with location.

Right, but you've just said there's no other available land, and as an example used land that is zoned for residential use and therefore way beyond Aberdeen's financial reach.

If money was no object then there would be plenty land in the city available. 

How difficult is it to accept that Aberdeen have gone for the option that they can afford (and even then barely) and believe they can actually deliver?

16 hours ago, Dunty said:

That's for you to answer, you're the one who brought it up.

Yeah, but I know the answer - Countesswells Developments Ltd who are owned by.....go on have a guess....

They also didn't pay £325k per acre, nowhere near it.

16 hours ago, Dunty said:

Right, but you've just said there's no other available land, and as an example used land that is zoned for residential use and therefore way beyond Aberdeen's financial reach.

If money was no object then there would be plenty land in the city available. 

How difficult is it to accept that Aberdeen have gone for the option that they can afford (and even then barely) and believe they can actually deliver?

I have been stating the opposite of this consistently.

I see that you keep banging on about the cost and going for the option they could afford.  However, it is hard to substantiate this and given that they have already wasted millions on Loriston then I fail to see that purchasing land for more than £20k per acre would be beyond them.

18 hours ago, fatshaft said:

1. anyone with half a brain surely understands the difference between land zoned for housing and that which is not, and their relative respective values? It was therefore a strawman argument, or...

2. Nope

3. I refer to you point 1

4. Asked and answered a few times in this topic, which you've been following minutely. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4729061

Of all these Aberdeen fans quibbling about the stadium, I can literally remember not a single one from match threads. 

That's because we are all stuck in hour-long post-match traffic jams on King Street, which definitely exist.

That's because we are all stuck in hour-long post-match traffic jams on King Street, which definitely exist.

They exist anyway. At least there's the healthy option of walking for most people, be it home or to suitable links to home in reasonable time.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Yeah, but I know the answer - Countesswells Developments Ltd who are owned by.....go on have a guess....

They also didn't pay £325k per acre, nowhere near it.

I have been stating the opposite of this consistently.

I see that you keep banging on about the cost and going for the option they could afford.  However, it is hard to substantiate this and given that they have already wasted millions on Loriston then I fail to see that purchasing land for more than £20k per acre would be beyond them.

Tell us how much they paid for the land then, you're dying to.

And countesswells? Are you suggesting that as a stadium site? 

On 2/2/2018 at 08:22, strichener said:

My criticism regarding the site would have been the same if Aberdeen had to borrow £100m or were promised the stadium for free.  It has absolutely nothing to do with cost and everything to do with location.

This.

Although I would temper it by saying that, IMO, in the long run the location will end up costing more than an initially more expensive location or Pitt rebuild because when things resort to Best of the Rest being about third the numbers at AFC games will decline more markedly than they would at Pittodrie

This.
Although I would temper it by saying that, IMO, in the long run the location will end up costing more than an initially more expensive location or Pitt rebuild because when things resort to Best of the Rest being about third the numbers at AFC games will decline more markedly than they would at Pittodrie

Spot on, will be cheaper in the short term but will cost us in loss of revenue in the long term.

It’s worth factoring in the cost of the shuttle buses as well. Rough maths but 50 buses at £500 a game for 20 home games is £500,000 a season, similar to what we were paying in debt repayments not so long ago.

Surely Kings Links would have been the best option for fans.So close to the coast  probably a  lot of  infill costs  but not  unsurmountable . I'M not in the know but has Milne got got any self interest with any o the proposed sites ?

Can't see any problem with building a 20,000 seater stadium on sand, or digging down to suitable sub-sea-level depths immediately beside the sea. Must admit I'm no civil engineer, but not particularly convinced that an enormous block of concrete (holding sea water back to let it set) would be sufficient to support such infrastructure.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of all these Aberdeen fans quibbling about the stadium, I can literally remember not a single one from match threads. 

I post elsewhere on football generally, hence majority of my posts on this forum over 10 years are here.  What would interest you is the number of "fans" on, for example, DonsTalk who just popped up on the stadium thread and nowhere else to slag off the new stadium, on a DONS forum. 

What's also interesting is that "COYR" has done the same here, and nearly every other detractor doesn't even support the Dons. 

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

They exist anyway. At least there's the healthy option of walking for most people, be it home or to suitable links to home in reasonable time.

Most People? Dons own figures show only 55% of fans come from the city, the whole city. You're saying just about every one of them walk? Awa an f**k min

19 minutes ago, resk said:

There's quite a lot going on here. Are we having a pro- vs. anti- Kingsford mass rumble at Burnbrae Crescent?

If so, I'm in but I'm a shite fighter and a bit of a coward.

Damn near the centre of Mastrick, possibly the universe itself, is Burnbrae Crescent.

Cowardly, shite fighters make splendid pavement dancers so yeah...no...yeah

2 hours ago, fatshaft said:

I post elsewhere on football generally, hence majority of my posts on this forum over 10 years are here.  What would interest you is the number of "fans" on, for example, DonsTalk who just popped up on the stadium thread and nowhere else to slag off the new stadium, on a DONS forum. 

What's also interesting is that "COYR" has done the same here, and nearly every other detractor doesn't even support the Dons. 

I tend to go to games and speak about football at the game when not yapping random shite. I've little interest in discussing football on the internet with bores like yourself who drive to games and have no one to talk to.